Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
This would fit as well in the flame forum but it's more DW related.
Got a call from Tigger at school today, she was crying. Seems her track coach says she can't go to the track meet today, the excuse was "you're daddy didn't send a note saying you were going to miss track practice last week." I was pissed! I called the school back and pissed off the lady that answered the phone, what comes around, goes around ya know!
I started off stating that I had sent notes to all her teachers and staff on 3 different occassions starting from as far back as 2 months. Even emailed 3 times yet only got responses from 2 teachers and the office lady. After the track team had left for the meet, leaving Tigger behind, the coach called me. It seems the story had changed from the 1st call I got. She can't go to the meet because the rules say you can't miss 3 practices before the meet. I said "if that's the case I understand but the original message was that I hadn't sent notice." After some backpeddling on the coaches part the real topic came out, coack asks me " what did you guys do in Oklahoma? I noticed Hailey was wearing a Cooperland T-shirt today." I told her that we attended dirtweek with 350 people from all accross the country and that Hailey partcipated in advanced athletic seminars regarding motocross but she trained for her track meet everyday on top of ridng. Coach says "oh, you guys rode dirtbikes all week!" I said we did so a lot of riding along with many other things. I also stated that incase you are not aware, motocross is a very physically demanding sport and that Hailey maintained her physical fitness while we were there. As a last dig the coach tells me " I'm quite familair with motocross, my uncle was killed riding motocross!!!"
I wanted to reach through the phone and choke her!!!!!!!!!!! That was uncalled for!!! :moon:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Brutal on all accounts. I think a meeting with the Principal to go over the track rules and make sure that she missed for a valid reason instead of being targeted are in order. As for her parting shot I'm at a complete loss for a response.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Is cruelty to children part of the curriculum these days ?!

I guess there is not much you can do to or with these people - after all, you are the bad guy, and they hold all the cards as far as they are concerned. Best just to right a note expressing your disgust and disappointment and leave it at that. No doubt this is not the end but just the beginning of an ongoing struggle in which you are going to have to live and deal with the ego maniacs who run the system. (Hey Justin, Larry ?!)

Jeff, tell Tigger, my niece who is 7 says Tigger is her hero - She was really inspired to see your girl with the tigger ears and tail on the track in the woman's class - That was awesome.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by MrMXer327
I'd be yanking my son from the team over that one... Tigger doesn't need a coach with an attitude like that.

While I agree with the sentiment the unfortunate by product of that reaction is Tigger suffers by losing out on an activity she enjoys.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Kinda reminds me of the saying "Darned if you do, Darned if you don't" Seems like her coach has a attitude problem w/MX.. I would pay the school a visit and show them that you do care about your daughters activities.. Its kinda funny how a teachers/coaches attitude changes when you show up..
Rick

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think the track coach and I would be having a little face time in the principals office. TOTALLY unnecessary comments.

dkortje

Sponsoring Member
Aug 30, 2002
I really enjoyed getting to meet Tigger this last week. (I was the guy haggin' with McMahons next to you in the big featherlite trailer). She has an incredible spirit, and I suspect she will have the track coach wishing she was at the meet. Who know's, she may even talk her coach into coming to dirt week next year. :o At any rate, tell Tigger we all love and believe in her. Also, what an awsome job with the national anthem!! :yeehaw:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
agreed on the comments, but sometimes you gotta live with a coach you can't stand. The practice rule (if it's anything like here) is handed down by the state activities assn., so yer screwed no matter what on that. But a sit-down with the principal seems a good start.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I have to agree with Pred, I would definitely talk to the coach about attitude, the rule about practice is most likely state (it is in NM) but the snidley attitude is unacceptable, or it would be at my school. Hang in there, I bet Tigger will be smiling again soon seems like a pretty upbeat young lady to me

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
jeff,
its not over for you. there will be a nasty little letter in the mail about truancy too and how its unacceptable and how the state can take you to court. bottom line is money your school didnt get because haley wasnt sitting in her seat at 10:00am when the official roll is taken. i know because i went through the same thing with stephen. i have two choices 1. i can lie and say he was sick and he can make up his work or 2. i can tell the truth and he doesnt get to make up his work and i get lectured by the school district. i choose number 2. i dont want to lie and have stephen to tell a lie either. ill take a hit on the report card and put up with the b.s. you cant explain to them how an event like this teaches a kid more than what they would of learned in class. stephen also knows that if his grades arent in line before dirtweek, he doesnt get to go.

haley go get em next meet.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jeff, got a name and address to send snalil mail to the Principal about the comments made by the track coach.  I aggree with tx246, maybe there is no real resolution but the comments were out of line.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I pull my daughter (7 yr old) out of school quite a bit. To go on trips (3 weeks to ElSalvador), hunting, 2 days this week (oh that really gets em) and sometimes when family comes to town..... I have only been confronted one time. I basically told them this is the way its gonna be and that if they felt she was behind I wanted them to test her and compare her results with the rest of the class. My children are bi-lingual (spanish, english) and have a mother that gives them school work to do every day, even during summer break. At that point they backed off. I also said that if I contiued to have problems I would pull her from school and home school her.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Ill stick with my line for school. "family vacation" end quote. Its none of the schools business where you go if the kids grades are up to par. Our school requires a C or better to get an excused absence. People are opinionated more than you want to think, and motorcycles are still not completelly cool to evereyone. Shows what they know.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
You know, you can slap old people :) Not just kids.. Sorry but that teacher sounds like a closed minded retard.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by justql
NCLB................enough said.

National Counsel of Little Brains? :p

Top Bottom