Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
We were scheduled for a double header this weekend to make up for another rain out. After making it through the night in what felt like near tornado conditions (several were reported in the province) this is what we woke up to Sunday AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbHFiR4zaNM

Video isn't the greatest quality but it will give you an idea. A big part of the area that is open water was filled with rigs that had already pulled out at the time of the video. Tool bins and full 5 gallon gas cans were floating all over the pits, it really was something to see. We made it out with everything intact as we had our Pit tent 4 pointed down to a buddies two rail trailer parked underneath it. Several others lost motorhome awnings and pit tents.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So your in to jet ski racing too Chili?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
oldguy said:
Can't believe at least one guy didn't go out and turn some laps- we always get at least one on days like that

Some guys were talking the talk, I told them you bring the bike and I'll bring the camera. It would be a challenge as this track is nothing but Red River gumbo under that water, would be more greasy than the fry pit at your local scarf and barf.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Like they say - "one man's paradise; another man's swamp." :cool: :ride: :)

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Wow. Sure glad I'm in Saskatoon for the summer. That day we were out riding for the whole day...put on just under 80 km, and put on 108 the day before. Was sunny and around +20 both days. :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
It is raining in Dallas at the moment and is expected to continue for the next 10 days without let up.

Canoe is right, so I am going to the BWCA this fall.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Something along the lines of an ark are needed in the Texas Hill Country today! 18" of rain fell in less than 6 hours in areas. Considering that most of the land is both steep and solid rock this makes for some flash flooding of epic levels.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Speaking of Dallas and rain .... this is a normally dry as a bone creek bed next to my house, taken yesterday around 5 PM.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 83

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
Speaking of Dallas and rain .... this is a normally dry as a bone creek bed next to my house, taken yesterday around 5 PM.

ENOUGH ALREADY!
hey, at least everything's still green. That's pretty good for this time of year, no? ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
West Texas? Now thats some wasteland right there. :)

Not right now. They are not getting all the rain we are, but wildflowers abound.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It's rained here everyday for the last 35 days. The road to my house is just about gone. My track, I'll have to start all over when it finally drys up. Time to grow webed feet and gills!

Top Bottom