Got a new bike!!!!

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Been a while but finally got one. Not too good in the dirt but plenty of fun. Sold my quad that I have had since 2006 with 53 miles on it. With the money from that and cleaning out some stuff from the house on Craigslist I was able to get a 2012 Triumph Speed Triple ABS. Absolute blast to ride. Considered the FZ1 and CB1000 but went the British route.

Keeping tradition with all of my dirt bikes, the first night is always spent in the house.

Attachments

• trip.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 197

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's one of the most entertaining bikes I've ever had the pleasure of riding. You're gonna have a BLAST with it Thump.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Put 100 miles on it yesterday. Tremendously fun. I also considered the Aprilia Shiver but I think I made the right choice.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Very cool. :cool: :cool:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Very Nice! Wanna race? ;)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Does it every really end? :whoa:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
What's even more retarded is that I am hyper aggressive on the street as compared to the dirt (must be a seat time thing) so I am sure disaster would be the result on both sides of the thick headed ones mixing it up. LOL.

I few coworkers are convinced I hit 50 in 10 car spaces going to the exit of the garage. I'm cooking for sure and frequently loft the front end in that short space. One of the observers is a fellow rider so I am guessing I am going stupid fast but have never looked down at the speedo... Not enough time before I have to turn.

David Is on a hooligan bike similar to mine... And I bet he rides it that way too. It's something to do with the platform..,

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Just braking it in right now but I did open it up a little over the ray Roberts bridge. Hit 135 and felt very stable despite the 12-15 mph cross wind.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Have you ordered a new exhaust yet? Those triples sound really nice once they are uncorked.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very nice, congrats!

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
TwinSpar said:
Have you ordered a new exhaust yet? Those triples sound really nice once they are uncorked.
I have not, need to find some more stuff to sell on Craigslist. :laugh: My neighbor has the Speer Triple R with a Werkz low bow that sounds incredible. I am going to go with the Arrow low boy eventually.

Same neighbor bought some new levers for the Speed triple only to find out that they do not fit the S3R so he gave them to me. He said they were $40 China made but they still look cooler than the OEM and the adjustments are nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 129

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
very cool! Congrats on the new ride.

I have to fight the urge every spring not to buy a road bike.
I'll live vicariously through you guys.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Nice ride!!
Enjoy, around here riding on street is like playing Russian roulette. Too many non driving fools that will hit you in a heart beat.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Okiewan said:
Dallas! Yes! Between the "questionable citizens" and others from all over the country, this is one crazy place to be on the road...

It a nationwide problem.

I've ended up on a sidewalk in a 30mph residential hood because I was invisible to some moron turning into me.... the dreaded left hand motorist turn. Thank god for sidewalk ramps and quick reaction times that come from riding moto. It was a clear day, no traffic, the sun wasn't in his eyes, and I have close to 300 watts of lighting shining forward. I guess he was drawn to the light like a moth. I went by his bumper with about 6 inches to spare and he was still rolling but in a panic stop.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
TwinSpar said:

Uncork the intake and they sound even more awesome. Great bike.....congrats on becoming a true hooligan!

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Very nice! You will enjoy it for sure. I have ridden Speed III's before and they are a riot.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Did 300 miles on Saturday, loving this bike. Comfortable for long distance, handles great and plenty of power if you want to twist the stupid grip.

Not nearly as much fun a motocross though and makes me want a dirt bike again. :yell:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thump said:
Not nearly as much fun a motocross though and makes me want a dirt bike again. :yell:

Do a track day on the Triumph and that urge might pass (or it could go supernova :whoa: )

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…