Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
niooce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
TwinSpar said:
What's even more retarded is that I am hyper aggressive on the street as compared to the dirt (must be a seat time thing)

it was exactly the opposite for me. i just putt around on the street at generally 5-10 over the speed limit. just something about the fear of losing much of my skin to asphalt keeps me riding very conservatively - and i've got tons of seat time, probably 60,000+ miles.

cool bike, thump.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
mx547 said:
it was exactly the opposite for me. i just putt around on the street at generally 5-10 over the speed limit. just something about the fear of losing much of my skin to asphalt keeps me riding very conservatively - and i've got tons of seat time, probably 60,000+ miles.

Im right there with ya... well, when I had a bike for the street. Just a lil top-over takes a lot of skin!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Imma Hooligan.... but one day it will bite me in the posterior. I do know that it's a when thing and not a if thing.

I turn 50 in less than a month. You would have thought I would have grown up by now... but I just can't. I'm young at heart and it won't go away! :)

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Just found this thread, my dear little Stan Flemmings doing 0-159 is a big no no (but hearing the last gear upshift was very cool)

Pm me and I will tell you where that road is. A little further North than the ray Roberts road you first talked about, the speed triples are a fantastic bike.

I now have a klx250sf super moto, it has a hard time breaking the speed limit, but it is what I need, I have no right hand control at all!!!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Grady said:
Just found this thread, my dear little Stan Flemmings doing 0-159 is a big no no (but hearing the last gear upshift was very cool)

Pm me and I will tell you where that road is. A little further North than the ray Roberts road you first talked about, the speed triples are a fantastic bike.

I now have a klx250sf super moto, it has a hard time breaking the speed limit, but it is what I need, I have no right hand control at all!!!!!

LOL!! Dad shows up! Nice to hear from you Grady :cool:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Okiewan said:
LOL!! Dad shows up! Nice to hear from you Grady :cool:

Hey Bob, the wife and I are just East of Nashville at a lake, but we move often, I took early retirement in January, we sold or gave away everything, and bought new luxury fifth wheel and new diesel pickup, absolutely a blast.

I lurk around here every now and then, have to see what my Son is up too!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thump said:
Hoolagainerey comes with the bike and is unavoidable. Similar in how rapidly it spreads to BRD (black rifle disease).
Don't you know it!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Grady said:
Hey Bob, the wife and I are just East of Nashville at a lake, but we move often, I took early retirement in January, we sold or gave away everything, and bought new luxury fifth wheel and new diesel pickup, absolutely a blast.

lucky.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Grady said:

I lurk around here every now and then, have to see what my Son is up too!

Holy cow man, that's a dream retirement right there!!! Congrats!! Send us some pics from time to time!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Congrats Grady!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Ok David. Its go time. Put these destinations on your must do list before the end of he year.

1. North/Central AR Anything within 100 miles of Jasper. Best 25 miles on the planet is called PushMountain Road. I have ridden lots of street miles in lots of states and I have not found anything better if you like corners.

2. Best in Texas is found on the 3 Sisters down southwest of SA. Very nice loop that reminds me of Isle of Mann. Go during the week. If you wait till it cools off too much the place will be crawling with vtwins.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Okiewan said:
I'd be willing to bet luck had little to do with it. :cool:

Very true!

We have been planning this for 10 years, it was tough to walk away from a well paying job, and the security of a paid off home, but now 7 months later, no regrets. :nod:

Heading to Destin FL next week :cool:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Wow, nice bro!! Lets keep in mind the speed limit, K?!!

Top Bottom