One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
..for the wife! (no I didn't trade my wife for a bike :) )

Picked up a used 2001 TTR125L and have it in the den to surprise the wife when I pick her up tonite at the airport (she was visiting relatives)

Only had to drive 120 miles to get it. It is clean and looks great. It Had the following stuff added on it:
BBR skid plate
BBR chain guide
BBR pipe/muffler
BBR fork springs and shock spring
DID chain

extra tire tubes and shop manual and front sprocket

All for $2300! WooHoo!

I'll get some brownie points tonite :D

Blinkme7182

Sep 30, 2000
How on earth did you get that much stuff already on a TTR125L? Was it used? Or from a dealer? Wow, you got a great deal---that BBR stuff alone is worth over $500+ dollars :D

One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
Yes, I did get it used. I have been looking for awhile and saw it on the Fla Trail Riders site. The guy went and got a new yz85 for his kid therefore sold the ttr.

Best part of all the add ons is I didn't have to do any of the wrenching :D I looked up the pricing on the BBR site and the add ons alone add up to over $700 so it being a 2001 I was very happy with the deal (he wanted $2500 but I got him to take $2300)

The guy I bought it from had a KTM 520, KTM 400, KTM 200, KLX300, YZ85, and a PW50 also, so I didn't feel to guilty :) He was a maintenance nut and took good care of the bike for his son, but said he wanted to get into MX more, hence the yz.

One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
here's a pic of the wifes new bike:"Click here"

I'll get a pic with her in it with the bike soon, she was cleaning the house and said she wanted to look nice in the pic. :silly:

Looks like Labor Day weekend is the target date for a ride, The wife and I are still putting our house back together after a plumbing mishap.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Nice bike!

It looks super clean and the BBR stuff is very nice indeed. Looks like you got a good deal.

-jeffd

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
Sometimes I wish I was in the USA! My boy has the same set up less the stickers and it cost me $4200 (rec retail is $4990) plus the BBR gear is worth $1,700 with duties. Thats the poor old Aussie $$. Not worth much any more. :( I think the little lady will enjoy it no end. They are a great bike.:)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom