b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
- 30 minutes of fiddling w/ Photoshop to get the sizing right
- 30 minutes to run to Office Depot to get some iron-on shirt transfers (the kind for colored shirts, not white t-shirts)
- 30 minutes to cut out, line it up & iron on

Well I was a little bored tonight after dinner, so I decided to have some fun. I got the idea from the numbers that Brandon Jesseman runs on his jerseys. I decided to use the idea for my name.

I ended up scorching the vinyl a bit, but you cant really tell from more than 3 feet away. Oh well, should've tested it out on an old jersey first I guess...

I'm pretty happy w/ it though. :)

Attachments

• jersey2.jpg
    jersey2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 546

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002

If you're concidering it, make sure you get the kind that does not say its for white t-shirts. Even if you are printing on a mostly white jersey, go w/ the transfers that say they are for dark colors.

Its pretty expensive... $12 for 5 sheets. I'd *highly* advise doing a few test runs. I scorched mine a bit due to the "learn as you go" method. :confused:

Two things to note:

- when you print it out, the color will look completely faded and "blah". Once you heat it up though the color comes through and looks pretty damn good.

- if you want pretty large lettering that will cover most of the width of the jersey, you wont be able to fit it all on one sheet. (8"x11") I measured out on my jersey where I wanted the lettering and it came to 13.5" wide. I used that number to scale out my font in photoshop and get my name to the width I wanted. Then I split my name in half so that it wouldnt run off the paper. I was able to stack the "CARV" and "ALHO" to fit it all on one sheet. Take time cutting it out and lining it up. I ironed one half on first.

Good luck :yeehaw:

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Yeah when I was doing my name with one of the kits you can buy I burnt it a little so it is a good idea to try it somewhere else first.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Dude... thats SWEET! Nice work!

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
Nice, thats pretty much what mine looked like in Photoshop (except for the font)

If you made it in photoshop, merge every layer down until its all on one layer. The cut/paste so that you can print your name and each digit seperately.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I just put them all together for the sample. I have them all done in three files, I had to use either 1100 or 1000 size font for the numbers and the 7 fit perfect on one piece of printing paper.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
b-b00gie - thanks for the idea! I never knew it was so easy to make your own iron-on's!

Here's my attempt at coolness:

Attachments

• jersey 003ss.jpg
    jersey 003ss.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 176

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
I couldn't stop with just one Jersey, so I hope the print will last a while so all the jerseys aren't going to look shabby once they get washed a bunch. It is hard to do a perfect job, but I am probably the only one that knows the imperfections. All in all, I think this is a great idea. It makes the cold winter go by a little faster.

Attachments

• shirts.jpg
    shirts.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 121

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
Hehe.. looking good everyone. I didn't even think anyone would take interest in this thread when I started it. :thumb:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I actually used the "Word Art" feature in Microsoft Word cuz I don't have any cool design programs.

Yeah Frito - I scanned some stickers and added some sponsor logos and stuff on my one jersey too. I need to put up some pictures... it came out really well...

BUT

I just discovered something to break my heart the other night, though. Had my newly designed jersey on with wet hair. A little water hit my last name and the red coloring in the stripes bled onto the white. It doesn't look too bad (yet) but I imagine after one wash the lettering will be ruined and my jersey might go from white to pink? I'm gonna call Office Depot today and see if they have any suggestions.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom