got my crf!! i'm a happy man

syko

Jan 10, 2004
well, i collected my shiny new crf250 yesterday and i haven't stopped smiling yet.

it's my first four banger and honda and i'm impressed with both. i don't think i've ever had a bike that was of such high quality before. so well made.
took it out to my local track for break in and its pretty amazing.
it feels like i'm cheating, i know they say hondas handle better than anything else out there but it was ridiculous. i'm used to being agressive to get speed out of my 2 smoke but with this thing it was just sit back, hold on and enjoy.
truly incredible.
i just hope it stays reliable and if it does then i'm sold on four strokes forever.

BlackSunshine

May 26, 2005
Very cool.

I've had 2 CRFs now. An '02 450 and now an '05 450.

I highly suggest checking the valve clearances as well as the decomp adjustment before riding the bike much more. You will probably lose about .001" of clearance on the intake side after break-in.

Don't forget to the spokes, grease the steering head, axles, and swingarm linkage.

Keep your chain tightened to specs or else it will start chewing on the airbox mud flap.

Reggin

May 25, 2005
I slapped a Dr. D hour meter on my '05 450 to keep tabs on engine maintenance intervals.

Also, change the oil/filter very frequently, and stay away from Synthetic oils for several rides, this helps the rings and such to seat better.

Have Fun!
Reggin

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Enjoy the new ride! :cool:

Top Bottom