Got the 03 CR250 now what mods do what??

Voxshall

Nov 23, 2005
As stated in my other post I was comparing a modded 02 with a 03 CR250. Well I brought the 2003 but want to know how to get the bottom end back. So out of Porting, V-Force 3, new sprocket and a new pipe what mod does what and how much does each mod cost and if I get a pipe whats the best one to get FMF gnarly pro-circut or something else. I was told the gnarly improves bottom end but kills top end and over rev is this true and what pipe will improve everything.

Also if I get the porting done does this mean I don't need the other mods. I'm leaning towards getting a pipe first because the stock one has a few dents in it.

Last edited:

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
I've got the same bike bought new 10/14/05.........the first ting I did was a 50 tooth rear. Next I did the delta force reeds. I'm on the fence about a pipe.......but I did get a p/c shorty silencer. I will get it ported when it needs it's first top-end. The sprocket was the best bang for the buck.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
fmf fatty and vforce3 here .............love it, thinking about porting..

THE BIGGEST BANG FOR THE BUCK is definitely the 20$ i spent jetting, not too sharp though, i dont want race gas, in my area its a hassle

summertime specs average 75deg, 800ft above sea level
premium pump and hp2 synthetic racing 40:1

a/s 1..25 to 2 turns
pilot 30
needle 6bhy38-74 ........2nd clip
main 410

;) she'll be salty after that i gaurantee it ;)

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Voxshall said:
Whats the difference between a 50 tooth sproket and a 51 tooth. Whats the pro's and con's of both?

I'll give you a general rundown of the pro's and cons of running a larger rear sprocket.

pros are a little snappier pick up in each gear. Bike reaches upper rpms (where the power is) quicker making the transition from the weak bottom to the midrange occur faster which makes it a little quicker.

Cons are that each gear will top out faster and top speed in each gear is lower...

There is a tradeoff....

Top Bottom