Boricua

May 18, 2001
I got my new Husky WR 360 year 2000 last Friday 6th of July and I rode the bike on Sunday for 36 miles. The bike has lots of power is hard to start the seat is rock hard and it vibrates a little bit. The bike is more than capable but the only thing that worry me is if it always going to be that hard to get it to start. I rode the bike thru rivers, mountains trails, even in sand and believe me when a said that the bike is capable of doing whatever you want it to do, even drag racing that much power it has. Any advise on this things that I mentioned will be appreciated.
Thanks
Boricua
:D

Guaryzzzpode

Feb 25, 2000
Mid and big bores are much harder to start than say a 250 or 125. You need to get used to it.
Start by puting the piston a TDC. This means that when the kickstarter is in the uppermost position, it must be hard. Then throw one hard-long kick. It's just the opposite as a 125 where you must kick and kick until it starts.
I don't like that thing about the Huskys where the kickstarter hits the footpeg too soon and doesn't allow for a full long push.

bye,

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
If you remember a while back I mentioned these same things you did. I installed a softer aftermarket seat, as mine actually had styrofoam in the middle! That helped alot more than anything else I did! It cushions the vibration and the but. I installed Pro Tapers CR tall bars and used the CR250 mounts, not the universal mounts. The bars helped vibes too. Now the only place I feel vibes is the footpegs.

As far as the starting goes, I found that it got easier as the bike broke in. In addition I stand on the pegs and hold myself against a tree. Do not use the kickstand for this as you will bend the tab on the frame. I actually like the husky kickstarter as it really spins the engine over quickly. In addition, your right leg will get used to starting the beast and you will have no problem.

Jetting is a problem with the 360, it will start with 1 to 3 kicks with good low speed jetting. Some of the earlier bikes had serious carb problems and would not start at all. I ended up installing a Kehin PWK 39mm carburator. It was bigger than the stock carb so I ported the intake manifold and reed stuffing block to match the ID of the carb.

I have been running 50 to 1 oil ratio to help prevent plug fouling while lugging around in the woods. However I find that the bike runs slightly better and makes more power at 32 to 1. it just loads up a little easier.

I think you will love your bike!

Chris

Boricua

May 18, 2001
Thanks

:) I love my bike already. I'm taking it to the dealer because the mechanic needs to do some minor adjustments on the bike. About the seat I think it will not be that hard to find a better cushion and if not well I think I will get use to that one. What I did not understand was what you said that you use in your 360 from a CR 250 to help lower the vibrations. You use some terms that are new to me. If you can explain them to me I'll appreciated.
Boricua

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Boricua, You can get a seat cushion from Zoom cycle, they are located in San Jose, California on El Camino Real street.

I am sorry I was not clear about the handlebars. I installed Answer (thats the brand) Pro Taper handlebars. The "bend" of the bars I have is "CR high".

Because the Pro taper handlebars are larger diameter than stock, I had to use a different handlebar mount. These too are made by Answer. They do not make ones that fit the Husky, so I used ones that fit a CR250 (cannot remember the year). I did not use the universal ones they sell, as I think they are junk. I will try to get you the part name and part number.

I installed these handlebars because they are very good at damping out vibration.

I would suggest running a 32 to 1 fuel to oil ratio. I have found this produces more power. If you start fouling spark plugs, you may have to install a hotter spark plug.

The stock plug was a NGK (brand) B8EV for my bike. I now use a hotter plug, The B7EV. It helps with the plug fouling.

Note, do not install a hotter plug if you do not need it!!!!!

Chris

Top Bottom