ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Well,
After four years of being into this sport, my wife has finally shown interest. We went out and bought her all the gear for riding several weeks ago, so she could start learning to ride on her girlfriends bike ('01TTR125L). After two weeks of her telling me she doesn't want to wait till spring to get her own bike, I figured "oh, what the heck" and drove her down to Malott's Honda/Yamaha in Manteca, Ca and bought her her very own '04TTR125ES. The dealership was very nice and treated us great. My wife now wears a huge grin as she too can say now that she "rides".

Now... this didn't surprise me much, as I am used to giving her her way (most of the time). What did surprise me was that when we drove home there were two bikes in the back of my truck. Let me explain. Thursday night I was watching Dirtrider Adventures and the 250cc shootout was on. The CRF450R came in first place, and looked sweet doing so. The YZ250 came in second. Well, the Yamaha is what I currently have, and I am very pleased with it and wouldn't sell it for anything. But, when I walked into Malott's to get Shara her TTR, the CRF was sitting on a podium calling me. :p I had to do it.

Actually, if my wife wasn't with me, I never would have bought that bike. But the last 15 months we have been back in school earning our BA in Management, and we are done in April and graduate in June. She kept saying, "if you really want it, then buy it for an early grad present". That's all it took. Now I am the proud owner of two bikes, an '02YZ250 and a '04CRF450. Because I live in CA with the "green sticker" law, I will keep the Yamaha forever (because it's green stickered). The Honda will be my winter bike!

Life is good :yeehaw: :thumb: :yeehaw:

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
You lucky SOB. That's just one of the many scenarios my wife and I keep coming up with if we won the lotto. But it just doesn't happen!

I'm sure you'll both have a lot of fun.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Does your wife hava sister?? :laugh: COngrats on the new bikes, i'm planning on keeping my 01 for the green sticker, then buy a 05 CRF450r.. Give us a ride report..
Rick

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey That's Awesome!!! :yeehaw:  :thumb:

So when do we ride?????????????  The Wild Piglet is not for 3 months, Shara can aim for that as her first race!!!!

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
She'll probably be there, but so far has zero interest in racing. She wants the bike more for a pit bike to get to gas and things like that. We'll have to wait and see how she likes riding...

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Oh yeah, Natalie, and the Honda will be my play bike. The Yamaha will still be my enduro bike. It's already set up for that type of riding, with the computer and all... ;)

alleydude

Dec 1, 2003
Cool! My wife just learned to ride our '03 TTR125ES. What a great bike for a beginner. The clutch is much more forgiving than our '03 Honda XR100 that I planned on her starting on.

Top Bottom