BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
My brother stored his 95' YZ 250 this winter at a buddy's farm (large SHED for all his farm equipment). So, I brought it home to look over and get ready for riding. Well, I cleaned it up and decided to check the air filter. WHOA, a mouse had eaten through the air filter and deposited about 2 pounds of corn in the air box. I vacuumed out what I could, but I'm sure some went into the carb. So, I'm going to check the carb next. Now, he thinks he may tried to start the bike, so we may have additional problems, we'll have to wait and see.

Moral of the story, take care of your bike.

BPJNT :)

RMrider38

Feb 25, 2004
OMG AAHAHAHAHAHA sorry that is just too funny , a freaking mouse storing half you're cornfield in ur bike who wudda thought haha , well i say pull off the carb and pull the throttle and see if you can see any Corn left in there hahahaa . Goodluck .. aAAAAAAahahahah

- Jaramia #38 :eek:

BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
More laughs,
My buddy who owns the farm brought his kids bikes home for me to work on today and I pulled the air box on his sons TTR 125 and it was only half filled w/ corn, but there was also a DEAD mouse inside the air box and ton's of mouse sh**.
NO kidding. We just laughed. Fortunately, the TTR has a screen leading to the carb. I think it's time to buy some cats for the farm.

BPJNT :)

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
And I thought I was the only one!! A few years ago my old boss brought over a 1983 RM100 from his farm, same thing, sat in a barn for a long time and the airbox and carb were full of corn. Some of it had even sprouted. None of the corn made it past the slide, fortunately. After a good cleaning of the carb and a new air filter, we got it running.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
First ride of the season last spring, buddy was having trouble kicking over his XR400 at the trailhead. After a few kicks mouse hops out from under the seat and scampers into the woods. Almost dropped the bike laughing. Air box was full of hay/grass and stuff for a nice cozy nest.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Mice, heh!

Someone gave me an old GS450 last year and the airbox was full of a mouse house.

One winter I stored my Challenger in a barn. That summer I had a mouse riding around with me. One day I stopped at a gas station, opened the door and the mouse jumped out. The attendant about peed his pants!

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
I had a mouse family living in my golf bag after a winter in the garage. Did pretty much the same thing along the side of the road!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
I don't drive my F250 very often as the Bronco is my primary commuter and I've had to make it a point to pull the mouse nests out of the engine each time I fire it up. My mom was quite upset last spring when I pulled up at her house and a mouse hopped out of my truck and ran into her house. :eek:

Took the cat a couple days but she got it. We've found mouse nests everywhere - dirtbike airboxes, snowmobile engines, vehicle engines, they made a huge nest in our camp trailer one winter had to fire up the shopvac to get them all out of there. They even ate the windshield washer hose in Karl's old Ford pickup.

Worse mouse story I ever had was on a remote job site in Arizona. We had a crappy old rental copier and one day it got even crappier. When I tried to make copies of documents some of the words would be missing from the page they were supposed to be on but then would reappear on the next page, over the top of some of the other words. We finally called the repair guy and he discovered that a mouse had gotten into the copy machine and eaten the roller thing that lays the ink/toner down on the paper. We about died.

We found the little guy living in the bottom drawer of the other engineer and deemed him the job mascot until the Project Manager brought in his cat! :eek:

Top Bottom