Cal-KDXer

Jul 18, 2001
Hopefully one of you out there can give me some tips on this. I recently noticed a howling from the motor, so upon inspection I noticed a gouge in the cylinder wall. I haven't measured it, but I'd say its .030 , pretty narly. Can I have the cylinder repaired, if so what is the process, alternatives, cost, places to have it done? i'm out in CA. Any remarks insight appreciated. Oh yeah I did the top end and left two circlips in one side of the piston...bonehead move.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Standard sort of repair for a decent replater, no doubt someone will have good recommendation of someone sort of locally. They seem to vary somewhat so go from recommendation rather than price which by the way, (actually I won’t guess, prices get distorted in the translation) but it will hurt a bit but is good value really.

Don’t feel too bad, the upside is experience. Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Cal-KDXer
Hopefully one of you out there can give me some tips on this. I recently noticed a howling from the motor, so upon inspection I noticed a gouge in the cylinder wall. I haven't measured it, but I'd say its .030 , pretty narly. Can I have the cylinder repaired, if so what is the process, alternatives, cost, places to have it done? i'm out in CA. Any remarks insight appreciated. Oh yeah I did the top end and left two circlips in one side of the piston...bonehead move.

Try Sage, he's from Cal and can do it for you.

motox

May 21, 2001
My 92 had even worse problems than yours. It was unrepairable. I should recieve a replacement via UPS today. I searched every salvage yard I could find looking for the one I bought. (200 for the used one) I'll give you a link to have your re-plated, that's the best way to fix it. Estimated about $200, but a new one is 360 at wholesale. Eric Gorr <egorr@globaldialog.com> has a great reputation for cylinder work, go ahead and email him.

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Thanks Fred, not in Ca anymore though moved to Oregon. anyway you can reach me though this post, I can't say anymore than that or post a link. (spamming rules) good luck with the cylinder and if all else fails maybe its 240cc time baby!! :p

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Sage, you should put a link to your site in your Sig. Folks know who you are and you could certainly include such an inconspicuous link like a lot of other folks.

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
I'll give it a shot and see how it goes, but it seems like anything I do is spamming?? bad first day at school I think, kinda came in with a BANG!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom