GPR for a 65/85

phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
Is anyone using this application on their minis'. I've got the DH triple clamp and risers and now I'm contemplating the GPR. Even GPR says that the people who run them are probably wrong :think: , but then again there are getting to be more and more of them on minis. So I'm wondering, do they work or not?

utah450

Mar 29, 2004
It seems to me that a steering damper would not be good for a kid on a mini. I would think that it would wear them down physically rather than help. I run my GPR on 1 or 2 on the track and even in tight stuff like some of the WORCS, enduro's or tighter desert events I run it at a lower setting. I just can't see it for kids.

I am curious to see some of your opinions on this. Have anyone one used one on their minis?

dog2

Sep 26, 2002
I can't speak to the GPR, but I put a Scott's unit on my son's KX65 last month. When set on the low settings, under normal turning conditions, you can't feel the Scott's unit, but it still stops the big hits from yanking the bars and reduces a lot of head shake. The KX65 was very unstable without it at high speeds. It definately works and he isn't getting worn out from the dampening in turning, even in tight woods. It really seems to have help in the high speed rough stuff, rocks, and 5th-6th gear stability. Not that the damper made a huge difference, but he took 1st and 2nd, respectively, in the last 2 WORCS races. I haven't talked to Scott's about it, because he is happy with the performance, but I was thinking I may have to change the oil in the damper to a lighter weight if it was too stiff even on the lowest settings, but it doesn't appear I need to.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…