huskey89

Jul 27, 2008
hey i want to do some exploring on some trails with my brother that i know of (near shamokin). A few weeks ago we went out with a friend that knew the trails very well but he had a bad accident and blew out both his knees and wont be riding for a while. In the mean time my brother an i want to go exploring on these trails that he introduced us to.
I have a Garmin eTrex Venture GPS unit that i want to use. I would like to mount it onto my huskey cr125 in a non-permadent way so that i can remove it when riding at other places.
Anyone know of a good secure way to mount one of these?
thanks

huskey89

Jul 27, 2008
my problem is that i dont know where to attach the mount. I built something to hold the gps pretty good. I used some 1/8in steel and welded together a very nice holder for it. But there is no good way that i can find to attach it to the bike. The handlebars at are very full and the throttle and brake cylinder bump up the workable level, so that whatever i use needs to be raised up a bunch.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So you built a mount with no thought as to where to mount it? :think:

DBD gave you a great link, RAM mounts rock! Best of all the fit both the GPS and the bike.

If you still want to use what you made then look real hard at places to mount it and alternative ways to mak it work. Maybe a clamp on mirror mount can be used. Maybe you can use the triple clamp in some way?

huskey89

Jul 27, 2008
well i figured i should start with something solid to hold the unit that i can work off of. like i said the handle bars are pretty full and there are no mirrors. the triple tree might be a good place to check though. would it hurt anything if i weld a mounting bracket to the triple tree?

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
yes. it will most likely to damage the triple clamps... you could make a bracket that hold in the handle bars clamps.
or in the steering head.
or in any other empty space. just remember, in case of a crash it should not be on any place that is easy break, the mount and the gps.
tipe "gps mount dirt bike" on google and serach for images... tons of ideas that might work for you. :cool:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Huskey89, what all do you have on your handlebars that is taking up all the space? Between the enduro computer, roll chart, stopwatch and GPS mount my handlebars have gotten pretty crowded but I can make it all fit. I had to relocate the kill switch though.

I am out with my club a lot scouting out trails for upcoming enduros. We rely on the GPS units to coordinate and keep track of where we are.

I have an el-cheapo mount for my GPS that causes me lots of problems, and I have had to backtrack to find my GPS numerous times.

Other club members have the RAM mount. I intend to get one of those before we start scouting for the next enduro.

Rod

Top Bottom