CRkev

Mar 19, 2004
I just put a new set of graphics and plastic on my bike. On some of the edges of my plastic, where the graphics curve and stop at the edge, there's a few places where they are not sticking. I think i'm gonna have to buy some kind of spray adhesive and put it under the edge of the graphics where they are not sticking good. The graphics have 3M adhesive which is supposed to be the best, and yes i did heat them and the plastic and used windex to install them. I've heard the 3M spray adhesive is the best. Any opinions and has anybody else had to do this? I have to get them to stick down somehow before i ride and get dirt under the edges or they will definately come off in very little time! Want something super sticky to fix this problem with. Any opinions greatly appreciated!!!

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
I use StompGrip traction pads and had some of the frame pads come off prematurely. I managed to clean off the goo remaining on the pads and now i am also looking for some good adhesive so that i can reapply them. Specifically which 3M spray adhesive are you talking about?

looking at the 3m website - looks like i would rank them as #1. high-strength 90 spray adhesive; and #2. super 77 multipurpose spray adhesive.

anyone know for sure how well these will work?

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
I use a 3m double sided tape. Its not like the foam stuff you might think of. Its extrememly thin and is really just adhesive, no paper or plastic media in the middle. If comes on rolls up to 48" wide and is available at most sign or graphic shops. I will clean up my decals, let them dry and then apply this adhesive sheet to the entire decal. I then cut the adhesive sheet to the dimensions of the decal and viola, its ready to be applied just like a new decal. Or put on the shelf for later because now it has a wax type paper backing on it. I can post pictures if anyone needs a better description.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Very thin. I dont know how many mils or whatever its measured in. Maybe as thick as a business card. But clear and very malable. Anyways, its what I use and I think its the best.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Any reports on this 3M double sided product? i am having the same problem with new graphics and brand new plastics! I may go to home depot after work today to see if i can find any.....

thanks!

Top Bottom