Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I am getting black plastics for my 2000 cr250, but I cannot see to find any graphics that appear to look good on the black shrouds. Anybody know of any graphics that look good on a black cr?

thanks

UKcr125rider

Apr 28, 2002
Id advise against getting black mudguards or sidepanels. They look bad after a while if you aren't careful not to scrape and mark them. The rad scoops are covered by the graphic so it's usually ok. I had pro circuit graphics on my '98 Cr125 and i used the original rad scoops which were black. But the pro circuit graphics were made to suit the black plastic! Think the stock 2000 plastics were red??

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
tx246 did his '00 cr250 in all black. i think he had white graphics custom made.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I dont care about scatches and such, I go down alot anyway, and any plastic I use will look like junk. I just am going for a different look.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by mx547
tx246 did his '00 cr250 in all black. i think he had white graphics custom made.

I have seen this bike. It has a big white CR across the shrouds. Looks sweet.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Here are a few pics of my CR with black plastic and graphics,

Bike+with+American+Graphics.jpg

DSCN0408.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg

Aaron%27s+CR.jpg

I really have to disagree with the black plastic being a bad choice. I ranit for two seasons and it still looks great!

That last kit is very cheap from mxsouth from acerbis!

aaron

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
I've got some black plastic on my 97 CR, with 97 "One" graphics. Very nice. Think you can find a 6-year-old set of graphics anywhere?

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I know about the seth kit, I like it alot, but its costly, and I dont need a seat cover, but I am getting side panels, so its not exactly what I need.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Keep at it until the shine comes through!
When I first did mine it took a few treatments to start looking really good. Now it' mostly just upkeep now & then. :)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Oh yah I ride it :) Those pics the bike is pretty dirty in my mind hahah, ill post clean ones if you would like :) And yes, mothers aluminum polish works great on the frame.

You can get the acerbis graphics from most online merchants, MXsouth had them for pretty cheap awhile back!

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
now might be a good time to start, I am changing out the fork and shock springs and I got it almost tore down to the engine and back wheel!(I will just leave it like this for the new plastics after christmas, Whoo woo!)

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i just got a cr but wanted something other than red. i got black plastic for the fenders and shrouds and liked the seth graphics but didnt want to pay the price. i kept the white number plates and fork guards. i ordered the universal background plates in black to make my numbers and white to do the shrouds with. i found the style of number that i liked in a word processor program and made templates for the numbers. i sketched the letters for the shroud and got custom numbers and shrouds for 30 bucks. this took 2 hours of time and an exacto knife. i also went with the all black factory fx grip seat which has a white honda logo on it. finally, i added a white procircuit fender sticker. come to dirtweek and see it in person.

Attachments

• crdrn0001.jpg
    crdrn0001.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 321

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
looks good, I am going with black side panels with yellow backgrounds. Also I might get yellow fork covers. I have a thing for yellow and black, wonder if its cause I live near pittsburgh?(i dunno)\

I also found some good looking graphics from flash gear, Does any one know what the kit consists of? Just the graphics and the seat cover I believe, but I dont know. I have seen some kits include the shrouds, esp at that price, ans I dont wanna buy shrouds if it comes with it.
http://www.fleshgear.com/details.asp?pid=168

Dart440

Jun 12, 2002
I tried skinindustries.com for my graphics kit and it was awesome on my all black CR500. A friend of mine has a fleshwound films graphics kit on his and its stellah!!

Top Bottom