fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Wish I could KWJams. The Carnegie climb was a great spectator sport for me, and I enjoy the Great American Hillclimb video from '99. Looks like that last cliff section at billings is a little more hairy than what Carnegie offered.

Jun 14, 1999
Hey Ken,
I'm not gonna be able to make it to that climb as much as I'd like to. We are supposed to have a pretty good hillclimb here in New Mexico in September. I think I may have to take dad's old '56 TR-6 hillclimber out for a little exhibition climb :)

By the way...did you ever look through that scrounge pile out in the garage for the Bonnie parts?? You remember dont you??? I'm trying to restore a 1970 T-120 Bonnie. Looking for horns, reflectors, centerstand, mufflers, controls, etc...

Please, let me know if you may have any of that stuff...
Thanks,
Vincent

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Billings or Bust

Fremontguy, No doubt about it,,,,the Billings hill is covered with hair :p

Donner Ranch / Norden, CA hillclimb will be Aug 11 & 12. A club from Truckee is hosting it.
They will even have some of that Super-Motard that Rich likes.
Not sure if I will make it there though, it being the same time as Sturgis.:cool:

Yes, Vincent I have for gotten. I may have a horn, center stand and may have a set of peashooters.I promise to check. :)

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Try this Vincent

1-513-871-1678 That is the phone number for Accessory Mart / Domi Racer which is about the most complete source for Triumph parts there is.
They have a lot of used parts from bikes they have parted out.

I found a pair of peashooters so far, they are rough and would need to be re-chromed.
Let me know if you are interested.

Jun 14, 1999
Ken,
I appreciate you looking anyway. I hear that re-chromers dont like dipping used exhausts...it contaminates their vats.

I'm going to go ahead and order everything I need through Walridge Motors in Canada. With the U.S./Canadian exchange rate it works out to be a little less expensive. I'll let you know how it turns out...wish me luck huh??

P.S., This British collecting stuff can sure get expensive huh? :scream:

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Too far for me. :( But I did get a guy to go to the Olympic Peninsula one and take some pictures for me. There will be a write up in the August MSN. :) Hey, I'd be able now to take you up on your offer from earlier this spring if you'd like me to go to any future races.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
No problem Vincent

They all think they have to sell all Triumph parts at restoration prices.:(

I will definitely keep your offer in mind FC22.

Looks like Tracy, Ca. will be added to our schedule for this next October, do not have all the details as of yet.

Did you hear that fremontguy---Tracy in October --- but first you folks will have Donner Norden,Ca Old Hwy 40 Days in August

Will have some of that Super Motard racing there also.

Last edited:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Ken - my buddy is talking about going to Donner with the Buell club, what is the hillclimb like for a standard MXer? I'm looking for something I can make rather than toss my bike down the hill in a spectactular fashion.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Kiwi, It's not to bad

The hill is just long rough and with some steep sections.
Big holes (whoops) develop that are full of silt like bomb craters.
It is not a big crash and tumble hill though.:)

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Photos coming

Just got my prints back today and am scanning as fast as I can, here is a few to start with. :)

HERE

Last edited:
Top Bottom