DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I had an excellent ride yesterday! RV6Junkie, my friend Steve and I had perfect weather for the Tracks yesterday. We got out around 11am, and rode the requisite "18 miles outr 18 miles back" run. This was the first time I have led a groupthrough these trails, and of course, I had to try and set a good pace for everyone. I tend to be a little on the slow side, so for me it was a challange trying to keep a pace that these faster guys would be happy with. I was a little apprehensive, but once I got into it, I expanded my field and pushed my abilities just a little more than usual. I'm usually pulling up the back. According to Gary though, I kept a perfect pace, not too fast, not too slow, and I felt really good to be hearing that from a veteran rider like him. He is clearly an excellent rider, and a great guy to boot. Believe it or not, even though we only met once, he invited me into his home, and even offered to help me teach my girlfriends kids and my girlfriend how to ride sometime in the future. I will happily take him up on that offer sometime, maybe in the end of the summer or fall time, when it's best for him. Nice guy. It;s god to know there are people like that out here!

My 19 year old buddy Steve led the return trip, and got his arms all kinds of whipped up from the low hanging flora, but all in all we had a great day. The KDX was running really well, and I was able to for the first time really open her wide up in 6th gear and hold her open. It seems to just keep going faster and faster! The whoops seemed to get smaller and smaller too! I am exhausted today from the adrenaline overload from yesterday, but am craving another ride soon!

Gary, if you read this, you would have been proud of me too... After the ride, I was still so pumped, I actually stopped at an excellent powerwash in Hackettstown by the Dairy Queen, and cleaned the bike! (It had been 3 or 4 rides since I did that! I know... not good...) But this powerwash has an "Engine cleaner" mode that has what apears to be simple green, so I coated everything with that stuff, then blasted it down with the high presssure water, and sure enough, it looks almost new again! (It was literally BLACK from coal dust)

All in.. Gary is a great guy to ride with, has a really nice personality, home and family, and I especially liked his dog Jersey (female Beagle that humps legs) hahaha..

Great day out! Thanks!

Dave

Top Bottom