YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
1st race weekend at Big air was this weekend. My son Digger is givin it another go this year.

Saturday got off to a slow start due to lingering fog and a wet track.

1st moto he came in 4th out of 5th after laying it down 2x in the muddy corners.

2nd moto he came in a solid 3rd place with no crashes. That gave him 3rd overall.

Sundays race went great. The track was awsome.

There was only 1 other kid in his class but it was the overall winner from Saturdays race. They also combined the older trail class with his for a total of 3 bikes. But even though there wasn't much compition out there it was far from a dull race. All 3 kids went at it hard the entire race, running wheel to wheel, racing flat out, and clean the entire race. Digger came out on top of both motos for 1st overall for the day. He was sooo excited with that. It was his first 1st place finish ever.

P4280011.jpg

P4280016.jpg

P4270010.jpg

Last edited:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Congrats on the 1st Place Digger :cool: , I bet Dad sure is proud. Don, those 1st 2 action shots are great. I really like the 1st one, it looks like he got some big air :cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I am pretty proud. Even though it was overshadowed by one of those "Race parents" This guy was all they are bumping he cut the track (after his kid ran Digger off the track)

This is racing and a certain amount of "rubbing" is going to happen. These kids are riding there hearts out and to hear someone say that my kid is racing dirty is an insult to me. He may not of meant it that way but thats how it came across. I have always preached to my kid to race clean and not hurt anyone. Digger knows that. But racing being what it is you sometimes have to put a wheel in there and make some room. A certain amount of contact is inevitable. And as it was the 1st moto had no contact at all (even though they were riding extremely close). The 2nd one had a little minor rubbing in the corners that had no impact in the end results. Just irritating to hear that from a parent...thats all....Rant off.

Next race in 3 weeks. Cant wait.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Great job Digger!!!

YZMan I'm sure we'll see you guys out there at some point. We'll be racing at a lot of different tracks this year. Not really focusing on a series. Doing more practicing than anything.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Great job Digger!!! Sounds like he had a lot of fun on the MX track, we'll make an mxer out of him yet ;) BTW great choice in gear :cool: (see sponsors in sig.)

YZMan I'm sure we'll see you guys out there at some point. We'll be racing at a lot of different tracks this year. Not really focusing on a series. Doing more practicing than anything.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
WOW DON - it just dont get no better than that!! Tell your son that ol Woodsy is down right PROUD of him!! Like Curtis said, I love the pics only my favorite is the last one with him holding the iron!! There is just nothing that seals the bid like a first place trophy after a hard day of racing.. It is so cool to see you and Brendon doing that together. NOthing better then a day of bikin with the son for sure!!
One of these summer days I am gonna come up and watch him ride!
Woodsy

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
He is already pressuring me to run the open class with him in a few years when he steps up to either an 85 or 125. He really wants to race with the old man. I dont know if I want to do that......it could be embarassing.....to me.....He'll smoke me out there.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Sweet ! Momma taught him well. :rotfl:

Good job Digger. Nice action photo too. Is that a 2smoke 85 I smell in your near future ?

And I thought for sure you were at Caberfee.

Don were you to get into a race or two ?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Digger running stock suspension on the CRF?

Man, I never would have thought those bikes would take jumps like that...

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Great job Digger,that smile says it all! Yz,that jerk at the track,his day will come,they NEVER last! Its not that bad getting beat by your kids,no rubbing in the corners,how is that possible?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
Digger running stock suspension on the CRF?

Man, I never would have thought those bikes would take jumps like that...

So far its still stock. Granted the suspension is about the only thing on that bike that is stock. That may change b4 the year is up though :whoa:

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
So far its still stock. Granted the suspension is about the only thing on that bike that is stock. That may change b4 the year is up though :whoa:
Just buy that kid a race bike. Myself and jr. are going to try to head out to the sandbox Wednesday night if your interested.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
slow_joe said:
head out to the sandbox Wednesday night if your interested.

Dang! We'll be there earlier in the day...my day of and Phil works at around 4-5.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
slow_joe said:
Just buy that kid a race bike. Myself and jr. are going to try to head out to the sandbox Wednesday night if your interested.

Yea I know I need to resist the urge to spend any more $ on that bike. Luckly its summer so the spare $ is low (plus I have a DL to throw $ at now). I think a 85 is in the cards for next year.

We may be up for that. He wanted to go riding somewhere this week. We will see. He hasn't been real healthy this week (nor have I) so we will see what tomorrow brings.

Top Bottom