Greatest rider never win a Wolrd or......

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
AMA championship??

For me its Darryl King. It may cos hes from NZ and so do i, but going over to europe and coming oh so close so many times with such little money and backing he did bloody well. As for a guy who never won a AMA title... i dont know really, there are great guys out there at the moment who have won 125 titles but not the 250 title, and on of those people would be Lamson, but i dont know if im right, i think he ame closeish but never won.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Cool topic. IMO the best to never win a world championship was Ake Jonsson (sp?). He was a late 60's early 70's factory Maico and Husky rider and was second several times. One year he would have won the 500 title for Maico but his spark plug fell out at the final round!

Best to not win an AMA title: Danny "Magoo" Chandler and Gaylon Mosier, both careers tragically cut short.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Jaraslov (spl) Falta. He was cheated of the 74 250 world championships via the Russians throwing a fit to the FIM AFTER they tried on countless occasions to run Falta off the track. Years later he was still winning GP's on factory CZ,s. Bikes that were crap!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well tragically cut short careers, you could group Bailey in there, even though he did win. No telling how many he actually would have won.

Sorry for straying a little. When am I ever gonna learn? :silly:

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
jim why are you so angry? just goofing. Guy won a 125 mx title in 1990 or 1991. larry ward and robbie raynard are great riders who have not won a pro title. ok next quiz who has won a title with out winning a race? sorry i dont know much about gp stuff:o

duke

Oct 9, 1999
I know that there was a rider who won a national series without actually winning a race, but his name escapes me. The closes that I could come up with wis Tony DeStefano who won maybe one or two races a year in clinching back to back championships. He was very consistent overall obvioulsy

Top Bottom