Mr.Sloth

Uhhh...
Mar 2, 2007
Well I just picked up my new kawasaki 250f. Thing is a great ride. My buddy picked up his new kx 450 the day before i got mine. My question is are these bikes getting green or red stickers? We both live so-cal, valencia to be exact. Plenty of places to ride, gorman, palmdale desert, desert riding in general all about 30 mins from here. Plus I have Texas Canyon about 10 mins from me. Both of are stickers should be here soon, I say another week or 2. But are we gonna be getting green or red? Thanks guys. Ride safe

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Red.

Mr.Sloth

Uhhh...
Mar 2, 2007
Damn, is there anyway to get around this? I guess I just wont put it on and show the temp regristration you get when you buy the bike. How do people let a color of a sticker limit your time to ride?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Mr.Sloth said:
Damn, is there anyway to get around this? How do people let a color of a sticker limit your time to ride?

The only way to get around it is to buy a bike that is compliant with the EPA/Carb laws. KTM offers a green sticker bike that is dual sportable. Yamaha WR's are green sticker as are the CRFX Hondas. Most any savvy officer or ranger can look at your vin# and tell if you are riding a green or red sticker bike. Don't try to fool them.

"How do people let a color of a sticker limit your time to ride?"

Answer.
By not being involved in the political aspect of the sport.
By not taking the time to write letters and send e-mails to our political representatives and voice our displeasure over these laws.
By not taking the time to research and vote for the right people. Or not bother to vote at all.
By not joining any of the many organizations that are actively fighting land closures and unfair laws.
By not sending as much money as you can afford to these organizations to help them fight the good fight.
By not taking the time to attend long, boring meetings at your local City Council, County Supervisors office, Forest Service and BLM meetings.
By thinking, I don't have to go to those meetings because someone else will do it for you.
By running loud, obnoxious exhaust systems that annoy your neighbors and most people in general.
By being rude on trail to those on horseback, on foot, on mountain bikes or anything else that is not a motorcycle.

I could go on........ :nod:

It's up to us to make the difference. We have to take the time to change these laws before we are legislated completely off the planet.
We have to step up and be responsible and police our own when we see riders acting stupid.

Just my $ .02

Ol'89r

Top Bottom