clashman

Dec 1, 2007
Need guidance on whether to buy a mini or not. I weight 195 and I am 5 9 with short legs. I live around the block from some awesome desert trails and want a bike I can ride these trials. I love the thought of buying a mini but I am not sure if that will fit my needs. Some of the trials are long distance and I want to be comfortable. I am not looking to do any jumps or crazy stuff. Just go outside and enjoy the scenery and get away. I also don't want to do any mods at this point. I like the KLX 110 and also the TTR-110. Will this be uncomfortable after a while on a trail ride? Should I go smaller or bigger? I have never owned a dirt bike but I have ridden one before. Thanks for any advice.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I think a 110 would be a bit small for your needs, if there is truly not a lot of interest in the performance/riding aspect of this and it's more about enjoying the scenery you could still consider a mini just not that small. I'd look more along the lines of a Honda CRF150F or a Yamaha TT-R125L.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you want to really ride trails get a real bike, XR250 or KDX would be a good fit. If you want to mess around get a pit bike.

clashman

Dec 1, 2007
Thanks chili. You got me leaning toward the 125/150 range. I checked the seat height and it's better than the 110. The 110 is around 26 inches and the 125 is 32. I think 32 is perfect.

Now it's time to go shopping. Thanks

clashman

Dec 1, 2007
One more question. Should I go with the bigger tire combo 19/16 or the smaller one 17/14? What's the advantage? Thanks again.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Go with the big wheels, and make sure that you have a disc brake up front. I think that it is standard on the TTR125L or LE, but not the E (small wheel). I don't know the Honda line well enough to say what they offer as standard equipment.

Top Bottom