j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
Hello everybody. I came across this site while looking for classified ads for dirtbikes on Google. I've been reading a lot of the posts, and this is an awesome site!

I suppose I should introduce myself. My name's Justin, I'm 16, and I live about 45 minutes from Seattle, Washington.

I have a 1975 Honda MR175 that should have been put out of its misery looooooong ago, but of course I can't get rid of it until I find a new bike. (I'm looking for a 250cc bike under a thousand bucks, but they're real scarce around here. Email me if you have one for sale in WA:thumb:) I (well, actually my parents technically own all of these) also have a 1974 Yamaha DT175 that is currently awaiting a new condenser, and two Suzuki LT125 quads that are about the most boring thing to ride in the world (no clutch, no shocks, no power, no handling, you get the picture)

Anyways, I basically spend more time fixing these things with bailing wire and bubblegum (parts are either impossible to find, or cost 5 times as much as the bike is worth) than I do riding. As I mentioned above, I need a new bike :think:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
j_freak said:
Anyways, I basically spend more time fixing these things with bailing wire and bubblegum (parts are either impossible to find, or cost 5 times as much as the bike is worth) than I do riding. As I mentioned above, I need a new bike :think:

I had the same tool kit when I was your age...but we were so poor the bublegum was used :laugh:

Welcome to DRN. I hope you find a 250 in your range. The parts will be easier to find, but no cheaper...so don't throw away the teenage repair kit just yet.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site.

Watch for hometowns in your area as we have a few members from the Pacific Northwest. One of my favorite places ... A good friend lives in Issaquah.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hi Justin, welcome to DRN, you will find more people to ride with once you hang around and maybe that elusive <1K 250cc will fall into place too!~

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Welcome! I know your pain, I was still in college when I got my XR200. Slightly newer than yours but probably comparable suspension/power!! Anyway, welcome to DRN.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
j_freak said:
the most boring thing to ride in the world (no clutch, no shocks, no power, no handling, you get the picture)

Oh! I've heard of something like that...last I heard they were called "Power Wheels" and 3-year-olds drive 'em around the neighborhood and crash into trees, curbs, trash cans 'n' stuff. Sounds like those Suzuki things are the next step up? :flame: Besides...all quads are the most boring thing in the world to ride! :p

Welcome to DRN! You're gonna' love it here!

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
fender92883 said:
Oh! I've heard of something like that...last I heard they were called "Power Wheels" and 3-year-olds drive 'em around the neighborhood and crash into trees, curbs, trash cans 'n' stuff. Sounds like those Suzuki things are the next step up?

When I was young, my grandma bought one of those power wheels things for my brother and me. What is absolutely hilarious is that the one she bought is labeled as a Suzuki Quad Racer. My real quads are Suzuki Quad Runners. They look almost exactly the same, except for the power wheels thing is about half the size with yellow fenders instead of orange. What is even more hilarious is that the front wheel bearings in one of the quads sound exactly like the little electric motor on the power wheels thing ;) (Obviously it needs new bearings, but I don't really care, all I use it for is hauling junk around the farm...)

Top Bottom