Greetings! New Girl from Cali........

hammera

Jan 17, 2005
wow. what a cool site!!!! glad i finally found it. :cool: I love the Women's and Old Peoples forums - those both apply to me to varying degrees, I guess.... :think:

I've ridden on and off all my life, starting from when I was about five.... but since my 20's have ridden entirely street.

Started back into dirt a little bit on borrowed bikes two years ago Christmas. My 2nd time out I launched pretty badly going downhill and broke my ankle, blew out my knee, dislocated my shoulder and had a pretty wicked concussion.... my girlfriend made me ride back down to camp cause i didn't want a helicopter ride... LOL.

I've managed to keep things a little more in check since then... _finally_ got a dirt bike of my own so i can stop throwing other people's bikes off cliffs (I always felt a little bad about that).... kept it small (TTR125L) as they are easier to get back UP cliffs.... plus I'll put road tires on it and run it on a local minibike track from time to time.

Mostly I street ride, however... so dirt is kinda cross training. I raced mini roadracers (YSRs) at the Stockton Motorplex in CA last year, and will race bigger bikes with the AFM this year....

We're super lucky to have Hollister Hills OHV Park nearby, and Clear Creek (which is absolutely phenomenal if you like trails / hillclimbs / single track stuff) is not too far away, along with a lot of other dirt parks I haven't had the chance to visit yet. I'm finding that I'm really having a blast with the tougher (for me) single track stuff.... altho I really want to get a lot better and faster on the TT track, as well....

OK - that's way more of an intro than i meant to ride.....

Cheers!

-tamara (aka "BigMeanTam" in other parts....) :ride: (<-- oops _write_ i meant...)

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site hammera :cool:

I see by your post that you have found the Women's Forum, there are bunch of really cool women that hang out in there.

Careful who you call old :pissed: ... We like to think that we remember the stuff we ride before it was dirt. :)

If you are up for a party ride, or is it ride party ... check out the DRN Reno Ride 2005 forum. Three days of fun the latter part of next month. It was originally started as the Ladies Valentine Day Ride and they have graciously allowed "us" to join in the fun.

Again, welcome and shout if you have any questions.

Top Bottom