whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Longtime district 17 racer died yesterday from an accident on his streetbike. Bill/Thorman 75 called to let me know, more details are coming. He lived in Brookfield, Illinois. In 1996 he was advanced from +30B to A. I did not know him personally, he was a 500 guy. My condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:

siudog

Sep 22, 2008
Greg was my longtime aquaintence and also my older brother's MX and street riding buddy many years ago. Many knew him as "Gringo", and had raced the Northern Illinois area very seriously from the Mid 70's thru about 2005 when he suffered a back injury. If you went to Byron, you probably knew him. If memory serves, Greg was the 1996 District 17 125 B MX champ. Greg also roadraced Buells and loved to tour on his Harley, and I'd usually see him at Red Bud every year.

Greg was one of those guys that eat, slept, and breathed motorcycles. As it turns out, this hard working, funny, and talented rider was taken out while riding his Buell.

I can't begin to explain how hard it is to lose someone you looked up to as a kid and admired as an adult, but but this world will be a lesser place without Greg. Ride on, my friend!

Last edited:

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Greg was a long time friend,
pitted together with him and his long time girlfriend Dana every weekend ,
for years on end. took many trips together, and rode and raced with him for many many years ,in many classes, as varied as Q,uad, 250B, 30B, OpenA, and 30A and any number of vet classes.

He started riding as a young kid on a QA50 ,
and had a lifelong passion for motorcycles and motocycling.
riding pretty much all the time street or dirt, and racing both off-road and road.

he had been active street rider for decades, and had recently been competing on one of his Buells on some of the more local road race circuits,
there is a forum on Buells that has a remembrence thread going....

The accident happened on his street buell (he owned several H-D street bikes)
a following driver/witness stated the bike/rider was fine, normal commuting,
then suddenly appaered to shake,(head shake?front brake problem?blown front tire?) out of control , and drifted Greg into the other lane (oncoming)

Sometimes quick to get fired up , he was just as quick to laugh and contagious smile,,
he touched a LOT of peoples lives, the shear numbers of people attending his services attest to..

His father Robert , also an avid motocyling enthusiast,
said Greg passed doing what he truly loved to do.. riding a motorcycle..

but much much too soon..

It is a terrible loss, and I simply can't think of the words right now to say.....

:(

God speed Greg

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Man, I hate hearing stuff like this about local riders. Very sad, way too young. RIP Greg. :(

Top Bottom