grippy seats

lukaspriest

Jan 19, 2002
I want to put a new seat cover on my CR500...the thing is, I'm told that putting a new seat on the existing foam is beyond hell (getting the wrinkles out, etc)...and that there's some company that sells an entire seat, with grippy seat cover, for about 70 bucks or something...does anyone know where I could find this company?

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
I think Moose just came out with one, but it's not in the catalog yet. Also One Industries is selling one. They may all be made by http://www.sdgusa.com/indexmoto.htm , who also sells them and started the whole idea. They are about $80-90 though.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have the SDG seat too. I haven't had a chance to ride with it but it was easy to install, just bolt the sucker on;)

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
billywho,
So the tall SDGs are available? I just noticed the Moose seats are on the Moose website, they also have a tall version. It looks just like the SDG, must be the same with different name. I've been debating going with the tall.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Upholstry shop

Take it to an upholstry shop. I just had my gripper done and it is perfect.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
J.B., you should call them and see for your model, mine is for a 450, but they are not out yet, they should be available by the end of March I believe. They put a tall foam on my base to test the foam hardness and longevity and the cover durability which is been great in all accounts. Their base is actually tougher than the stocker which gives out on the CRF's, my stock base started collapsing by the third ride :silly: . Talk to Jeff down there, he's good people.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…