TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
For all you SF veterans:

Do I need to mess with dragging a ton of food up or does Casey have a grocery store with a good selection? What about fast food and resturants?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
"Greenup" is the closest town, (4 miles?). It's small but it has a Grocery Store, couple of okay places to eat, a Subway, quick stop and yes, even gasoline lol.
No reason to drag food with you.

I've never actually been to Casey, also close by in the other direction, I know it's a lot bigger than Greenup.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Twinnie, we got all our groceries at the store in Greenup when we got there last year. It is small but I think you will find it has pretty much everything you will want or need.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
In Casey (5-10 minutes away) there is a big grocery store, a few gas stations, DQ, Hardees, Pizza Hut, Mc Donalds, and a nice resturant a mile or so out of town. The DQ even has breakfast ($.99 biscuit sandwiches, pancakes, biscuits-n-gravy, cinnamon rolls) YUMMY! :)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
a little Greenup trivia:
I remember the convenience store clerk telling me on my last stay in Greenup (in July) that the Aldi supermarket burned down right after the spodefest last year! and that insurance issues are holding up the rebuilding.

So Casey will have to be it unless you can find enough at the C-store. The lady indicated that both Casey and another town (Sterling?) are each more than 10 miles from Greenup..... Casey is about 6 miles east of the LTM track...
Pokie

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What about diesel fuel? How available from reputable sources is it?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Patman - there is diesel in Casey - I'm 95% sure I got it at the Speedway in town before (right by the grocery store) and I think the gas station(s?) by the highway (and fast food) might have it too.

Top Bottom