Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi,, i hope someone here can help me,,
its not about me, its my cousin, he has a huge bruise on the side of one leg about a foot long, and its getting bigger.. he said he didnt think he's hit it on anything, and it started out a knot about the size of a quarter, and its particularly sore down the center..
what do you guys think could be causing this? blood clot? spider bike? infection from some other problem in body?

thanks...

Murf

Dec 31, 2000
I agree with Billywho. He may have an artery with a leak. This would probably be the extreme but, definitely go the the ER or somehting quick.

Boozer

Oct 5, 2001
true, if it is left any longer, it may become infected and then he will be in serious trouble.
i had some internal bleeding in my knee after an accident, and the doctor drained it with a pretty big needle! in fact, he did a total of 7 drains over a period of one month. in the end, i was actually helping him with the needles!
anyway, he told me that if my knee changed colour or begin to feel different, go to hospital ASAP because it may become infected and there is nothing cool about blood disease.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
When my father had his heart procedure they went in through the artery in his leg and because he has Diabetes it tore and the same thing happened. The blood spot started very small like a small bruise and they said it would heal in a week. A week later he almost died, his upper leg from hip to knee filled with blood and a second surgery was needed to save him. I would tell your friend to ASAP to the doctor. Take nothing less than a full investigation. Heal in a week should not be accepted.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Where on his leg is the bruise? Have him ice it when he's watching tv... 20 minutes on 40 minutes off. Also do what the others have suggested and get him to see a doctor. I hope he's feeling better soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom