blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Well, my race on Sunday was screwed up but tons of fun. It started off with missing practice on wednesday and saturday before the race. I ended up getting the times messed up for practice before the race on Sunday and missed practice before the race. Well, I got one lap. My first moto for 125 beginner was the 2nd race and the womens class was the last race. So I was going to pull off the finish liine for womens class and go straight back to the gate for 125 beginner. Very tough. Well, I didn't even have time to practice starts so I basically pulled up to the gate trying to remember what i was supposed to do. LT was working the gate and got me really pumped up before he dropped the gates. Then the gate dropped and my bike bogged. I was last in the first turn. The first two laps were slow while i was still checking out the track. Then the last two laps, i decided to say screw it and went wfo in a deep rutted corner. I railed my first corner. I started doing it throughout the whole track and didn't do too bad. I also came really close to clearing the triple. :p I placed 9th. Well, Brandon came over and taught me how to do starts. After a long wait my womens moto was up. I took a minute to get pumped up and LT caught me off guard, while i was trying to back up my bike from the gate when he dropped it and it fell on my tire. I didn't get to behind though and I was right behind 1st and 2nd place most of the race. I fell in the corner near the finish line on the 2nd lap and lost time. I still placed 3rd though. :confused: Well I basically got a drink of water and headed up to the starting gate for the 2nd moto in 125 beginner. I was even more pumped now and I wasn't about to have a bad start. The gate dropped and I was 2nd going into the first turn. I was taking each turn faster and faster and I progressed through the laps. I couldn't belive how fast i was going and how comfortable i was with the bike. I never have ridden that fast before, i was happy with my riding. I was really tired in that moto and again placed 9th. This nice lady offered for me to sit in her air conditioned trailer because i looked so hot and worn out. She gave me drinks and helped me cool off. Well after what seem waiting an eternity for my last moto it finally came. I pulled up to the gate and was pumped and determined to win. The gate dropped and I went 2nd into the first turn. I stayed there for a lap or so until 3rd place came up to pass me. I tried to block her while giving the bike more throttle. I don't remember much after that because I took a bad trip over the bars. I remeber feeling my ribs hit the bars and I remember thinking "oh $#%^" and then feeling my head hit the ground. I instantly felt my left side warming up and i tried to move but i couldn't. Someone came to my side and asked if I was okay. I got a ride in the little off road ambluence thingy to where they checked me out. I was happy to find out that the chest protector I borowwed for the race took most of the blow and i walked away with a brusied elbow, a head ache, and a few minor scratches on my stomach and ribs. The good news is I still got 3rd place overall and walked home with a 3rd place trophy and some cool stuff from D&S for wrecking my bike. The bad news is my bike is broken. I bent my Pro Taper handlebars. :think :( and I have to get new levers and some other stuff, I haven't even looked it over closely yet cause I'm afraid to see what all I have to fix on it. Other than my bike being broke and wrecking, I had a blast. I wanna race every weekend now. I think that is the most fun I have had in my entire life. :confused: (sorry for the grammer errors, I'm tired)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Blackhawk, first off, who cares about the grammar errors? Fantastic result for your first race :) I'd be wary about the "headache" though, if you start feeling sick or anything, don't stuff around, go straight to the doctor/hospital. If you do have concussion, throw the helmet away and buy another.

But really awesome result, and fantastic that you had such great support as well. I, for one, am proud of you, just concerned about your headache.

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Awesome report Blackhawk. Sorry to hear about the crash but glad you are ok. It's funny how pumped up you can get. It just makes you try harder and go faster.

I agree with Michelle, your bike can be fixed but keep a close check on yourself. If your headache persists, go see the doctor. Hope you'll be riding again soon.

:) :)

wroof

Sep 6, 2000
u have a scary amount of energy for 6 motos!!
good thing youre ok after the crash, guess the bike took the brunt of it all. Now that you've raced both classes, think you'll stick to just one class or do both the next time?

I wanna race every weekend now
ME TOO!!! :p

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
This morning something weird happened. My eyes swelled up to the point where I look chinese. Hmpth.... My vision is kinda blurred from it, so i might have to go see a doctor now. As for the headache thing, I had my eyes checked out when I fell and he said I didn't have a concussion. (thank god cause I had one a week and a half ago at Mosier Valley). Yea, everyone was suprized at how much energy I had, expecially with the amount of sleep I have been having. :p What can I say I was real excited. I will still race both classes from now on because I think I learn a lot from racing and having that atmosphere of pushing myself as hard as I can go. Hopefuly nexttime I won't go too fast and break my bike again. Money is an issue here so my bike may take a week or two or three to get fixed... :( :think I can't wait!

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Hope you are doing better, Blackhawk!

Good race report, though! You have WAY too much energy, care to share some??;) Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your health!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Wow!! Congratulations! That's a wonderful first race. I did really, really bad at my first real motocross last Friday night. So I'm glad you enjoyed your race. That's very impressive to do as well as you did.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Let us know how you got on at the doctor's. Brain injuries aren't to be messed with (concussion is amongst them). There's a thread in the general forum about concussions (actually a couple from memory). I know the kid I bought my 80 off had a concussion & wasn't allowed to ride for 6 weeks - it seems a long time, but honestly, it's important. I hope you're okay, we do care. The other thing that I thought of last night, was with the headache, did you drink enough during the day? Your pee should be clear if you're hydrated enough, and yes, that can cause headaches.

Let us know, and I still reckon you did well :) (thanks again for the ride report).
A concerned friend
Michelle

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
About drink enough, i know i dont during a mx, come home and sit down for a while and get a head rush and then a headace seems to set in, last time i raced i drunk close to 5 litres, and that still wasnt enough, but when ever its trail riding it never seems to come about, but i dont ride as hard on the trails.

P.S. Michelle ill let u know how the trials goes in the weekend, cant watch the on sat. cos i gotta work but sunday off to have a look, rounds 6&7 they're up to.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom