Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
OK,
Are there any spodes going to the fest that are also guitar pickers?
I consider myself a "social picker" :) I used to play with a bunch of guys years ago, but my career prohibited me from playing out every weekend. (my pals still play for loot)

Anyone else plan on bringin' their gitfiddles?

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Jaybird, what a great idea! A nice fire, good friends, a few beers, a few laughs, bench racing, and a little pickin - what a perfect way to end a good day of riding.

Joy:)

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I'm planning on going and play also but unless I start picking it up a little bit more I won't be bringing my ax. I used to be pretty serious about it but for the last 3 years (got back into dirt biking) I've only touched it a handful of times

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My thoughts exactly, shiftless!

Work on those calluses KXKen, and talk me into going.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm with KXKen

I played the 2 bit dives and hole in a wall places for 10 years. But other things of occupied my time since. I'll throw (set) my guitar in and do the songs I know, mostly 70's rock. No pop, just the good stuff, suthern rock. Pretty versatile and can jam with practically anyone, especially if there is money envolved!:p Good idea Jaybird.

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
I just read in another thread that Big Lou and XR wolf also play the guitar and I believe they are coming to Dirtweek also. This could really be fun!:cool:

Joy

SeanATK

Apr 26, 2000
Nose?

I pick my nose, does that help? Oh yeah... I won't be going to DW this year, so I guess you all will have to pick without me :-(

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I'll bring mine if you bring your's but I'll keep the volume down a bit so I don't scare anybody away :eek:
I'd better get those caliuses worked up!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL, somehow I don't think we are going to have much luck hooking up any Marshall Stacks around the campfire!
I'm thinking....flat-top 6 stringers.

KXKen...digital technology has finally arrived and will soon put the tubers out of business, welll...not completely though...even the digital marvels out now have some tubes in the box for that...aaa....'70s Marshall sound :)

Dlorentz500

May 9, 2001
Funny, It seems that most musicians that are guitarists are often into dirt bikes too. I played for 10 years with many bands and always had a couple dirt bikes around for that Sunday morning. Guitars and Bikes ...two expensive but great hobbies.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...we love loud stuff!
:p

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Originally posted by Jaybird
put the tubers out of business, welll...not completely though...even the digital marvels out now have some tubes in the box for that...aaa....'70s Marshall sound :)

Just when I looking to buy a new "Tube" amp :(

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by Jeff Allen

Just when I looking to buy a new "Tube" amp :(

I doubt tube amps will be going out any time soon. 15 years ago Fender, Marshall, Peavey, Sunn, and a host of others where putting out Transistor amps that just didn't produce that charateristic "tube sound" that guitar players love. Yes many of the new comers have done a great job at those pre-amp thingies but quite often they are backed up by tube amps. LONG LIVE TUBE AMPS FOREVER. I work in the electronics industry and have had many heated debates about this. Though things have come a long way in 15 years those old tube amps still sound the best IMO (not that it means a dmn thing).

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The latest and greatest transistorized/digital amp out still uses tubes for the "old" sound. Even with all the technological advances, they still can't reproduce the tube sound without tubes.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I know I was just being a little sarcastic ;)

Right now its either a Soldano or Mesa/Boggie... or a new dirbike I haven't decided quite yet.
Isn't life hard:p

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I've got a stereo VHT tube power amp, Two 2-12" Mesa/Boogie bottoms that I haven't used in 4 years (great setup) want to buy them? You'll never have volume wars with your band mates again because they'll know that you will kick they're a$$.

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
I play a little guitar and sing a little. Actually more into the hardware than the playing...haven't ever really applied myself. I'm kind of a gizmo freak, that is, if I brought my guitar, I would just end up making devil or space ship sounds with my effects processor all night and scaring the ladies (and Rich).

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I've got almost everything

If there is an electrical source I could bring my PD unit and supply 240vac which would be enough to drive a PA & lights and a couple of air conditioners on someone's RV. I too have a Marshall stack along with a few other amps, a Hartke bass rig but no bass gtr, a drum set and a couple of PA's. I wouldn't think it would take much but if anyone is interested in doing an electric set or 2, I can bring what ever it takes. I just can't imagine doing any good old rock without the tools of the trade. :p
Only one problem for now is I may have to go to a school that week for work if I can't get the schedule worked out. This is starting to piss me off.:(

Top Bottom