seabee

Jun 22, 2003
I just tranfered to Gulfport MS after spending 9 years in SoCal, I'm glad I don't have to deal with the Green/Red OHV sticker issue anymore.

The problem is now I have to find some new places to ride, I see lots of bikes in the back of trucks here, so I know they're out there, but information is lacking on the internet for this part of the country.

If anyone has any info on riding areas down on the Gulf Coast let me know....thnx

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Go to hometownmotocross.com. They have most every track in the U.S. listed by state. There are also some great tracks just across the border in La.

LaRider20

Smokin Joe

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2000
Hey there Seabee,

the other fellas mentioned mX related areas but there is also a lot of awesome woods riding. The National Forests between Laurel and Hattiesburg plus the one down near you have miles of designated ORV trails. there are many Hare Scrambles and Enduros held thereabouts by the SERA organization if you're into that. I've been out of riding the past 18 months due to High Blood Pressure issues so right now I'm not all up to date on recent stuff because you know how the good ole guvment is about lettin us use public land. Anyways try contacting someone in the Southern Enduro Riders Association (SERA); probably someone at your local shop has some contacts. I know that DRN hosted the SERA website not sure if the still do. I'll check and post again. You see this is my first visit back to DRN in about 9 months so I need to check. Also, Kevin Windham lives down that aways in Cetreville and he was tryin to set up a MX & Off-Road park on his land with camping areas but I'm not sure where that stands now. Good Luck and drop me an email at SmokinJoe39305@Yahoo.com if ya want.

seabee

Jun 22, 2003
Thanks

Thanks for the input everyone.

I'm more into riding trails than tracks and I will check out the links provided.

I know there's lots of places around, it just takes time to find them. I'm in the military, and it seems just about the time I get an area figured out and find riding partners, they transfer me across country. As much as I hated living in SoCal, I'm going to miss riding in Gorman and taking my boat out to Catalina Island.

Top Bottom