CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Hey y'all,

I live in Gunnison, Colorado, which is generally considered a pretty good riding area.

Just wondered how many would be interested in a spodefest around the first part of July, after the snow is gone but before the thundershowers?

BTW, what would I be getting myself into here? What makes a good spodefest?

Thx,

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
There are some of us from here in Mo and Ks that plan on coming out towards the end of July/first part of Aug.

tinman

Sep 1, 1999
Make note of the RMEC enduro schedule. Calamity Pass is a National this year in Rand CO on 7/14. (Up by South Park.) In the middle of Aug would be pretty good.

I second a Taylor Park Spode Fest!

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Actually, I was thinking Taylor Park, not actuall Gunnison trails. Don't know how the town would feel about 100 dirt bikers riding up and down the streets!:D

Yes, Taylor Park for sure.

96XRBoy

Dec 17, 2000
My brother and I were planning a trip to CO around the first part out July and are look for trail to ride, so a group ride would be great. You can count us in for the first part of july.
:cool:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
can we ride to the bottom of the canyon?

just kidding. ive been to the black several times and still cant believe it when i see it again. most awesome landscape IMHO.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I would be up for trying to make the ride if it were in the first part of the month... any month due to my work schedule. As of now, I work in the Gulf of Mexico and am usually gone for 2 weeks at a time in the mid to latter part of the month.

Tried to plan on the Reno ride, but due to work and an ill timed hand injury I will not be attending. Maybe next year on that one. I have never ridden in Colorado. The closest I have been is the Tres Ritos area near Taos, New Mexico right by the Sipapu(sp?) Ski Basin.

Keep us informed!

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Sorry to budge in here but where is Taylor Park? I used to live in Gunnison and the only place we knew to ride was called "Hartmann's Rocks" or something, west end of town behind the airport.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I'd love to come out and meet you Dan but it looks like our Spodefest trip will involve Idaho in late August this year with the infamous David Jones.

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
I've been riding the mtns in Wy. every year. Love to try Colorado. In Wy, dry conditons start about the end of June and start of July, and beyond. I vote for a time when there is great riding conditions, if that can be guessed. I'd love to see this planned, and hope to make it. Be great meeting a bunch of new riders.

For a start, all we need is a date, and maybe a place to stay (camp). That should get it rolling...

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Is this plan locked in a coma?

Let's get this ride rolling. I personally don't know the area but I'd like to get this started. Date? Where? Details? Done. It's Taylor Park, June 29...I'll make this a two week trip. Anybody want to meet me there and show me where the trails are? And is Taylor Park on the map? Thanks.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
Okay, okay...

First, my humble apologies....

I started this thread and then ignored it. The thought of trying to organize a Spodefest became a bit intimidating, since it's all I can do to organize my brain to face coffee in the morning.

I'm now reading the "Strick-Reno Spodefest" to get an idea of what must be organized.

MTRider - I will look at my maps tonight and let you know what it looks like. If it looks possible (and it probably is) I'll try to ride it in June and let you know. I've only ridden in Taylor about 5 times so I don't know it that well.

To all interested in a Taylor Park SF- I'm not promising anything, but I'm lookin' into it. It is a fantastic place to ride.

In any case, I'll happily meet anyone that comes here and ride around, as long as you're willing to pick me and my bike off the rocks and roots whenever it gets tired of me and throws me off.

TrailRyder42 - I looked at your pictures of Sargents. They looked familiar as I've been there many times. I've worked out a really nice 55 mile loop from the Long Branch station around the top of the mountains and back again.

I'll get back to you shortly.

Thx,
Dan

Nverfastenuf

May 4, 2001
Taylor would be awesome. Neat singletrack. If winter wants to get ugly(doesn't look like it will now though), there could still be snow in the trees and on the high passes!!!! We ride the area quite a bit and the trails are diverse and the scenery unequaled (in my 02). It would be cool to see a ride up there.

Top Bottom