GUTS tall foam vs stock comparision (pics)

camrider

Jan 24, 2004
I finally got my Guts Tall Medium density foam and cover installed. Don't let anyone fool you, there is a sizable difference in height, and a very noticeable difference with the Med. density foam vs stock. The foam is much firmer than the gushy stock piece and you sit a lot higher (I can only tiptoe both feet now). The transition from standing to sitting should be easier, but those off camber hills and my short legs may not get along as good with the higher stance. The firmer foam feels better than the stock to me. I never really got used to sitting down "in" the bike and that gushy seat would wear my butt out. The green/black cover looks better too.

kdxpipe.jpg

kdxguts.jpg

joebiodiesel

Dec 6, 2006
Can you please tell me where you find that seat foam, either on the boards or off? At 6'5" a higher seat would be a welcome addition. That and some handlebar risers would help out nicely.
Joe

camrider

Jan 24, 2004
Sure..... Click HERE ..... I purchased the Tall/Medium and the "Pleasure" cover.

I have not gotten to ride the bike with the new foam/cover, but I can tell from just sitting on the bike that I am going to love it.

firffighter

Jan 31, 2005
I just put on my GUTS tall/firm seat on my KDX and I love it. Puts you in a more aggressive riding position than the stock seat, and the transition from sitting to standing is will be nice. The seat along with Renthal bars and flipping my bar clamps around make a nice cockpit. BTW I am 5'10".

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
joebiodiesel, I have used and recommend MSR Dominator handlebars in the Mini-high bend. Right width for woods riding and have a very high rise for stock bars, and at about $35 you can enjoy them easily. If you have not already done so, rotate your bar mounts 180 degrees to open up the cockpit a little. I have found this makes a simple and real difference. Ride safe--John

joebiodiesel

Dec 6, 2006
Hi John and camrider,
Thanks for the replies. I'll be sure to get another seat cover too. I'm happy with the stock one, so hopefully I'll like whatever I put on there next just as much.
Thanks for the recommendation on the bars. I've looked at a few different bends in the motorcycle shops. None of them looked like they'd make much of a diference, so I never ended up buying a set. For $35.00 I really can't go wrong, and I'm definitely looking for a "very high rise". These ones sound great.
I've only ridden my KDX for one season, and it was totally stock except for the jetting. I planned on doing front springs and rebuilding the rear shock for next year, but I can easily do these 2 mods too. I'll be wanting to ride it in the snow again this year!
Joe

hart125

Dec 11, 2003
I just did my tall medium this fall mostly because I noticed that when racing it was too much work to stand. really made a big difference in the way the bike felt! you can manouver around the bike a lot better too. I would really recommend the tall medium especially for tall riders. I tried the tall firm but sent it back because I couldn't even get my thumb into it. the medium is much more firm than stock.

jnugent

Aug 30, 2003
I was able to use the stock cover with the Ceet tall foam. Looking at it I was sure that it would be too short in the mid section but it fit just fine.

camrider

Jan 24, 2004
jnugent said:
I was able to use the stock cover with the Ceet tall foam. Looking at it I was sure that it would be too short in the mid section but it fit just fine.
I not sure if the Ceet Foam is comparable in height to the GUTS foam? I know you can't find the Ceet foam anymore.

Top Bottom