E_Langen

Jun 25, 2000
The H.S. web site mentions two proposals to change the order of events on race day were declined. Can anyone tell me what the proposals were?

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
E_langen,
They Wanted To Change When The Quads Ran. I Have Copies Of The Proposals, They Were Both Voted Down After Much Discussion And The Order Stays As Is. If You Would Like To See Them Send Me Your E-mail And I Will Either Try To Send Them On The P/c Or I Will Mail Copies To You.

They Also Changed The Classes All Around, Big Changes!!!

Dave L.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Dave did your wife type that for you or did you find the caps lock? :cool: Too bad they didn't move the kwads after the bikes, they screw the trails up IMHO. I don't ride the events where I have to ride the same trails after the kwads.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
What does "H.S." stand for and can one of you give a link to the site? Freddy,,, I sat here for 5 minutes racking my brain trying to see an advantage to running quads before bikes on any race venue where dirt is involved.. I can certainly understand your point of view but does anyone know why they found it necessary to run them first???
Oh - by the way gang,, I bumped into Napper a while back while up north eating lunch in Bitely - he said to say hi to everyone...
Woodsy

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Quads Vs Bikes

EVER SINCE THE LATE 80'S THE QUADS HAVE ALWAYS RUN FIRST. THE REASONS ARE TWO-FOLD: THEY RUN THEIR RACE, GET THEIR AWARD AND HEAD FOR HOME AND MAKE MORE ROOM FOR PARKING FOR THE LARGER AFTERNOON CROWD. :cool: SECONDLY AS A SIDE BENEFIT THEY BLAST ALL THE SLOP OFF OF THE TRACK IF THE CONDITIONS ARE LESS THAN PRIMO.
LIKE THEM OR NOT THEY ARE HERE TO STAY, THEY PAY THE SAME AMOUNT TO RACE AS THE BIKES AND AS A CLUB/PROMOTER I WELCOME THEM WITH OPEN ARMS. THEY BRING IN A LOT OF EXTRA REVENUE ON RACEDAY WHICH REALLY HELPS TO PAY THE BILLS.
IF WE HAD THE LARGE NUMBERS LIKE WE DID THE BIKES, WE WOULD RUN THEM ON A SEPARATE DAY AND END THE CONTROVERSY, UNTIL THAT TIME COMES IT IS BUSINESS AS USUAL. DEAL WITH IT OR DON'T RACE HARESCRAMBLES!!! :yikes:

DAVE L.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Kewl. To the guys who don't want to ride quad wide trails just come to the enduros and ride bike only single-track. Maybe this ruling will help increase enduro participation and then we get more clubs putting on more enduros. :yeehaw:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
DAVE
You seem a little edgy lately, did your wine cooler get robbed?

The parking can work vice versa, the bikes run, get their awards go home and leave plenty of room for the kwads and they can go ahead and wreck the trails. Seems logical to me. But my brain works funny some time. If they started last.....I was thinking that this would give them time to take the beer coolers off the backs of the kwads and the snow plows off the fronts so they are "race ready" :cool: Just trying to be thoughtful to our fellow off roaders. :nod:

Top Bottom