ha ha I got to ring ding ding

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
well its not really warm but its not freezing either so I took a few of my bikes out for a spin around the block and in the back yard.

the xt350 is acting leeeeeean with the cold air power drop!!

the kdx loves it ...its about 40-42*f

guys I know its stupid and no big deal but man did that help my head!! I haven't rode since the begining of November and though this was no "ride" it helped my cabin fever. :cool:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I hear ya man. I havn't been out since that ride in november when we swamped the KTM. It's killin me! I should have all the bits to slap it back together on saturday. Can't wait to see how she runs on the fresh top end.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
cool
I just picked up a wiseco crank kit and pro-x piston on tuesday for the blaster.
I hope the parts I ordered from the stealership are in on Friday and the machinist is done with the cylinder today..

I will be firing up the oven on saturday morning to assemble the bottom end and possibly the top too.

Before I stick the engine in the blaster I have to mock it up in the old rm125 and try to figuer out how i'm going to make a pipe for it. I'm leaning towards a Dt style or trails style..not the best performance but it should have some low end power.

I need to check the sprocket alignment first :blah:

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
I went riding on Christmas day...wind chill of zero degrees F. I only rode for about 30 minutes before my fingers became numb. Right now the trails are pretty sloppy since it's finally thawing out.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
did it only take you 30 minutes to snatch all the little girls and boys gifts out from under the tree .. :laugh:

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Hmm, I have been riding at least 2-3 times a week. Winter riding in AZ is awesome. :nod:

Ofcourse, when summer gets here there isn't much riding going on. If you do, you're crazy! :coocoo:

King_KDX

Dec 16, 2009
We plowed a snow track in the backyard yesterday, and raced the pitbikes, God was that fun, crashing and such is so much better in the snow. We ride all year though if not in the snow, but on the ice.
Im looking to buy a conversion kit for the kdx, so i can turn it into a "snowmobile". anybody have one or know if there worthwhile man they look like a blast on the vids ive seen.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I don't think the 200 will pull one of those track kits effectively. Maybe a KX500. Most of them are made for 450f's.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I agree, the track kit would likely boil the kdx but a tt600 would be fun..if you had the couple grand for the kit, I think if I had snow that consistantly I would rather just spend that money on a sled...even an old articat pantera 440 from the 70's would perform better than the converted bike.

King_KDX

Dec 16, 2009
yeah we have sleds all day long up here, but the bike would be ideal for those trails you cant get a sled through. they cost about 3 G's which doesnt seem all that bad, but damn my 200 is so torqued i figured it would handle a kit like that ez, maybe the 2010 yz450f then or the 09 cr450f and im lookin at a 09 KTM 400 XC-W, im sure one of those big bikes could get the job done.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008

you must be one of those wealthy dirt bikers

King_KDX

Dec 16, 2009
sr5bidder said:
you must be one of those wealthy dirt bikers
lmao, yeah i wish, lol, hard work and no play, well you know the rest
btw its amazing how much money you can save when you cut out unnecessary expenses like food, hygiene products, etc. JK, I got lucky, im from a riding family, and my wife loves motorcycles..the latter being very important, i search craigslist and pickup on the deals and steals and save wherever we can. a great network of friends dealers and privateers that always have something for sale, well usually, and lets not forget in hock up to the good ole ears! lol

King_KDX

Dec 16, 2009
sr5bidder said:
and lets not forget in hock up to the good ole ears! lol

Don't get it....
meaning In debt, or in the Red. Using the Red ink instead of the black, basically borrowing from Paul to pay Peter. or in simpler terms, taking out loans :nod:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…