MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil and myself headed over to the Portland Trail Riders club today for a little moto. We met D. Leathers, Woman Rider, her husband Bruno and their daughter (can't remember name...sorry!). Also, Dave's 2 neighbor boys. We had a lot of fun and the track was fun. Definitely better than the one we were at on Thursday...I think it'll be more fun when it doesn't have standing water everywhere!

Now if we could just get more of you woods guys out on the track with us!

I'll write more later...when I am not so tired. I had to open my store, go ride, come home, clean up, close my store and see Phil for his dinner. I'm beat, so yeah once I sleep I'll write more.

We have some pics too one of us will post later.

Thanks again, Dave!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
MX Girl,
If you attend a Family Enduro event (Bruno and Woman Rider will be there), then I will embarrass myself on a MX track. :bang:
F&S

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil has a LL Qualifier on the 28th...so probably won't be until the one in June. There isn't anymore between there right?

Alright guys we'll do an Enduro or two and you guys will hit the track with us :nod:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Deal!

.... Or how about we come up with a hybrid of both.... we'll call it ENDUROCROSS!!!

To help you and Phil plan your summer schedule... :cool:

2007_Enduro_Events.jpg

FWIW, Roselawn would be closer to you, but the Moose events are worth the drive (unless it's an 'easy').

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks Smit-Dog!

Most of the group shot...dang even standing still my stuff looks fuzzy. I'm sure Phil's turned out better.
DSCF6663.jpg

My poor bike :(
I did get a bad deal though. I fell in a turn and managed to land on the ONLY big rock in the entire turn and dented my pipe :bang: The ONLY big rock and I manage to fall on it. :| Oh well, now I have an excuse to get a PC pipe. My bike is lacking bling anyway.
DSCF6665.jpg

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil
DSCF6662.jpg

Dave
DSCF6630.jpg

DSCF6644.jpg

Me
DSCF6642.jpg

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I'll have Phil post his stuff. Well if he has time today...

Last edited:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Bruno...Phil didn't know that Dave's friend was Bruno. Phil met Bruno when he was working at Quality Service Plus.
DSCF6638.jpg

WomanRider-We don't have any pics of your daughter...I think you guys were getting off the track when Phil was out there.
DSCF6647.jpg

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Couple of Phil
I lack camera skills, so my stuff is not that great...most of my stuff of him turned out blurry.
DSCF6658.jpg

Phil had this double, double dialed in by the end of the day
DSCF6660.jpg

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Wait a minute....you have a picture of DL actually RIDING his bike???
When I see it at the clubgrounds he is either working on it or it is on display.
Are you sure it is not someone else riding his bike???

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Come on Mike, go easy on Dave. I heard that he was out of the special "Honda only plug" he needs to make the bike run. Sorry Dave but I couldn't resist getting in a little jab. :uh:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Yup, Dave rode and impressed both of us :)
Next time he's going out on my 125

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
I had fun riding on a MX track. This was my first experience. I think I would rather have trees, rocks, and logs than those jumps. When I came in and compared my muddy bike to everyone elses, I had 30 pounds more mud on the bike than anyone else. I guess I cannot pick the best line. Anyway a great day of riding.

Great to meet you MXGirl230 and Phil. I hope to see you at some FES rides.

I heard Dave L. disables his bike by putting rags under his air filter. This way it won't start and he cannot ride.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We have a deal with a few of the MTRs, so we'll be at an event or two! :)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We arrived at the track shortly after 10:30 as planned. The trip there wasn't too bad, M6 makes it a nice drive. It's a better drive and closer than going to Big Air.

Dave introduced himself and talked to us as if he had known us for years. We chatted and started gearing up. Shortly after we arrived WomanRider and her daughter arrived. We chatted with them and then hit the track.

It was pretty overcast, cool and windy. Not the best riding conditions for a first visit to a track. We headed out and took a couple nice slow laps. Nice track, lots of jumps, step-ups and all types of turns. The track was really soft and had standing water in some spots. One spot with standing water was completely unavoidable and you HAD to go through it. A lot of the approaches to the jumps had standing water or greasy jump faces. Both of us decided to keep the bike on the ground until things dried up a little. After a few laps we headed back in and had some lunch.

WomenRider came back saying she wanted some trees! lol She did great though and made her way through the track. Her daughter (sorry, I can't remember her name) also did pretty well. I was surprised they did as well as they were doing. Both did great at holding their line and not getting in the way when one of us MXers came up on them. I've been with people who have ridden for years and their first time on a track they are all over the place!

During lunch Bruno showed up. That's when we found out Phil and Bruno know each other. We all chatted some and then headed back out to the track. By now the track was drying up a little and you could get better traction leading up to the jumps and going through some of the turns.

After lunch we all headed out even DL :) The track had dried up a little and some of the jumps were now doable. My goal was to keep it on two wheels and not wreck my shoulder, while Phil chased around DLs neighbor kids.

Unfortunately, we had to pack up and leave kinda early...Phil had to get to work and I had to go back and close my store. We had a lot of fun and will definitely be back.

No one got hurt, bikes came back in one piece and everything is covered in mud. I'd call that a good day :). :ride:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Pictures don't lie..

DL did ride his bike, I've know him a long time and only seen him on a bike 3 times. Usually it's parked next to a pile of empty wine bottles.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Wow, How Do I Reply To All The Slams From My Fellow Lmc Members?? It's A Good Thing I'm Thick Skinned, Cause You Guy's Really Let Me Have It. I'm Glad Tracie And Phil Took Pictures, So There Is Definite Proof That I Actually Was Riding.
Phil And Tracie, Luann, Bruno And Megan I'm Glad Everyone Had A Good Time, Myself Included(although I Could Barely Move Today And Work Was A Bear) That First Ride And Waking Up Those Rusty Winter Bones Really Hurts.
There Is A Open Invite For Anyone On Mtr To Come Ride At Portland, All You Have To Do Is Call Me To Set Something Up Bets Or Not. I Usually Hit It Hard In The Spring, When There Is No Dust And The Sand Is Wet, Spend The Summer Week-ends At Lmc Clubgrounds, And Ride Back At Ptr In The Fall. I Love To Ride Everything, But Only When I Feel Like It, Which Is Why My Fellow Lmc Members See My Bike Sitting On The Bike Stand.
Tracie, I Will Definitly Take You Up Next Time To Ride Your 125, I Miss Riding Them. I Hope To See You Guys Soon, Good Luck To Phil On The 15th, I'll Be At Ptr's First Harescramble, Then Up Lmc On The 21st. To Open Up The Trailer. I May Even Go Out And Peel Some Bark If I Feel Like Riding, Maybe I'll Just Drink Wine With My Wife Just Read The Parking Sign In Front Of Our Place Fred!!! See-ya

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
WomenRider came back saying she wanted some trees! lol She did great though and made her way through the track. Her daughter (sorry, I can't remember her name) also did pretty well. I was surprised they did as well as they were doing. Both did great at holding their line and not getting in the way when one of us MXers came up on them. I've been with people who have ridden for years and their first time on a track they are all over the place!

I learned to keep my line by riding between the trees for the last 4 years. Those trees do not move, and I rarely hit any anymore. The MX track was way too wide.

Megan enjoyed herself. I am glad she did not do a face plant in the mud. It seems every time she is around mud she wears more than she rides through. Must be she only falls in the mud near the LMC campgrounds.

MXGirl230 said:
During lunch Bruno showed up. That's when we found out Phil and Bruno know each other.

I never get surprised anymore as to the people Bruno knows. It seems everywhere we go he is always running into someone he knows from his past. The man likes to talk and remembers everyone.

Dave thanks for the invite. It was a different experience for me.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Sounds Like A Tenative Plan Nick, Lets Hope For Good Weather, I Know You Are Just Itch'n To Get Out In The Woods On That New Ride. What About The Sow Ride This Sat.??? I've Ridden Over There 3 Or 4 Times. It Is Really Nice Trail, With Some Whoops. The Only Kicker Is It Looks Like The Weather Is Gonna Be Cold On Sat. Only 37 Degrees For A High, My Fair Weather Cut-off Is Usually About 45, But It Sounds Like A Blast, A Little Peer Pressure Might Be All It Takes To Get Me To Go, And I Want To Drop In At Powers, Which Is Right Around The Corner. Let Me Know.
Dave.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Hey Dave, could we try to set something up again on a Monday in a couple of weeks? That way I can get it on the schedule at work.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
DL - what comes around goes around...I am sure it will come back my way real soon. It is good to let the jabs bounce off of you. Life is too short to take internet talk seriously.
Thanks for the invite to PTR, but I need to see Phil and Tracey at a FES event first. To quote a DRN friend of mine.....how can that guy be so fast in the woods and SOOOO slow on the track? THANKS...biglou (aka one of Tracie's sponsors)

Top Bottom