pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I have no bangs, thank god, i have a couple of freinds with mad curly hair, and i feel your pain, lol, if we are getting ready to go somewhere, i plan on leaving an hour later, (5 minutes for makup, 55 for hair)

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
After a late August enduro over a year ago I decided to cut loose the rat nest that infested my head. Actually my hair was really soft and pretty, but there was no way to keep it contained for the entire length of a enduro without some of it escaping. I would braid the massive protein deposit, tie the stink in to a little bun and wrap it up in a bandana for protection. It still wasn't good enough. I think my lack of success there was due to having butt length hair that was very thick and heavy. No matter how tightly tied the weight of all the bouncing hair always fell out. After a long sticky summer of enduros my fatigued mane was cringing at every post race brushing. After this one enduro I spent about 45 minutes trying to get the bird nest of sweat, mud and twigs loose from my head. I started to get fustrated and kinda just let loose with the brush. My poor scalp hurted after thrashing my poor noggin like that but I frick'in had it! The next day back home I got my head buzzed down. My head felt so light, like a anvil had been lifted from my fore head. I have since let it grow out a little a have a simple ear length boy cut that suits my face well. Sometimes I miss my long locks of hair but then I remind myself about how aggravating brushing it after a race was. The best part is after riding I pour some water on my head, towel dry it and it's tolerable again.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have to say it again, I love my shorter hair. It's about chin length now and I LOVE it.

It's also a new color . . . I guess Firecracker fits me a little better now! :p

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
Originally posted by firecracker22
I have to say it again, I love my shorter hair. It's about chin length now and I LOVE it.

It's also a new color . . . I guess Firecracker fits me a little better now! :p

I'm jealous. I tried short hair once - it was a nightmare of hairspray and curling irons to get it to stop sticking straight out in every direction. I need have it long enough to be able to tie mine up and force it to behave or it takes WAY too much time.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by altagirl

I'm jealous. I tried short hair once - it was a nightmare of hairspray and curling irons to get it to stop sticking straight out in every direction. I need have it long enough to be able to tie mine up and force it to behave or it takes WAY too much time.

Mine is kind of hit or miss. The BAD part is that I can't not style it every day, otherwise I look horrible. The GOOD part is that styling doesn't take long at all.

A good shorter cut is one that is just long enough to tuck behind your ears--that way it will stay out of your way. I haven't found it to be any worse than long hair was even though I can't tie it back.

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Gospeedracer, we need some serious advice here. You are the only female that I have seen camp for at least two days straight in the desert--in a tent (no running water), take your hair ribbon off & your hair looks like you just got a wash, trim & blow dry? How do you do it?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by TwistNShout
Gospeedracer, we need some serious advice here. You are the only female that I have seen camp for at least two days straight in the desert--in a tent (no running water), take your hair ribbon off & your hair looks like you just got a wash, trim & blow dry? How do you do it?

:think: I have often wondered the same thing about ol' Speedy.

Three days at Clear Creek in the mud and the rain and I had some serious Dreadlocks going on.  It became campfire topic one morning as well  :ugg:

WWSP???? ;)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
This is too funny. I know it's a serious problem - you should see my wife after we go riding; long red hair.

I have the ultimate M/C friendly haircut - helmet or not doesn't make a difference:)

Brian

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have pretty much the same solution to camping hair as I do helmet hair--bandanna or baseball hat, or a beanie if it's cold. For those of us who dont' have a motorhome at our disposal with running water, mirrors and plug ins for dryers and curling irons, a simple creek-bath and air dry works just fine. I am FAR too lazy to do my hair while I'm out camping! Wash it in the creek, throw a hat on and I'm good to go.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
FC - I have all that and I still dont use it! Well, except for the hot shower - who in their right mind wouldnt use one out in the woods if you had it! As far as breaking out the irons & dryers - I'd rather save the gas for dirtbikes than waste in the generator!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I came across this in the back of the latest copy of Cycle World...

Buff Wear

It seems a little more 'helmet friendly' than the classic do-rag. It certainly looks hair friendly. :thumb:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by TwistNShout

LOL! I haven't checked this thread since it started and only popped in out of disbelieve that you all were still talking about HAIR after 3 pages! :p

I have no advice to give. I haven't got a clue when it comes to hair. I haven't even gotten a haircut in over year. The scrunchi is your friend. :confused: After riding I just pull the helmet off and quickly slip a ball cap on. :)

The thing that's funny is Natty gets the best messy hair I've ever seen. I mean there are times that I think it's gonna take her 37 hours to comb out those snarls but she still looks freaking adorable with that little pom pom on top of her head post ride! :thumb:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by bbbom
Yeah right GSR - I know about your evil twin sister that shows up at the camp. Isn't her real name Twinspar or something?

You rang?.....  and I'm not the evil one.... Speedy is!

You ride a dirtbike for god's sake woman!  Why the hell are you worried about your hairdo?  :|

Solution to your problem.... Grap the clippers and a #2 guard, and go to town on your mellon.  The benefits of this hairstyle are just about limitless.  Blow dryers, brushes, and gooey hair products will be a thing of the past.  And think how much money you'll save by not having to go to beauty shop each month!   Hey!.... It works for me!  :)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
TwinSpar is on the right track. Forget your hair. Go butch. And if you're not feeling sexy, try taking your shirt off more.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
I couldnt imagine going butch! I'm way too girly for that!!!! :confused:

I always had shoulder lenth hair untill a few years ago when I grew it down to the middle of my back. It really does require much less style time. I had to curl my hair every day when it was short. Now I just wash, air dry, straighten with a flat iron if going out which is only like once a month and only takes 5 - 10 minutes. I usually just air dry it, leave it and pull it up with a clip. I get it trimmed every 3 - 4 months and it stays pretty healthy. Grow it back out bbbom! Your husband will love it too!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Twink and Zio must have the hots for that Susan Powter person. :uh:

I agree that long (straight) hair takes less work to maintain than short hair, but the time saved on styling is sucked up in the shower as wash/rinse time. My long hair is a bit more involved than just visual... it keeps my Grandmother off of my back.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by dirty~d~
the time saved on styling is sucked up in the shower as wash/rinse time.
THANK YOU! Especially with really thick hair like mine. I get so sick of men who bitch about how long I take in the shower, "I just don't understand what you could be doing in there for 30 minutes!". Sheesh, it takes me about 6 minutes to get all the shampoo through my hair and then another 10 minutes just to get it all out then repeat with the conditioner. Plus I try to leave the conditioner in as long as possible so I can get a freaking brush through it all later. Then another 5 minutes with the showerhead sprayer washing all the hair off my hands, the walls, the tub, the bottles, buttcrack.......... then when all is said and done I could knit a nice teapot cozy with the hair ball from the drain! :p

At this point I figure it's an investment. If I ever get really desperate I can whack it all off then cash it in for $10.00 an inch. :confused:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by gospeedracer

then when all is said and done I could knit a nice teapot cozy with the hair ball from the drain! :p

Wow, now that’s lovely :uh:

Top Bottom