Motoxkx80

Apr 2, 2001
I have not seen one up close so this is why I am asking this.On the bottom half (which is vented)does the number go over the holes or is there something under it to put the number on?

Traildale1

Apr 22, 2000
You have to support the bottom half of the vinyl number with a piece of plastic shaped just like number. The vinyl number won't stick to a mesh/screen.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

ozmxracer

Jul 16, 2001
It is better if you do place a piece of plastic behind the numbers as this aids to keep them there by the end of a days racing (due to the amount of rocks and sand etc).
If you are like OKE then I suppose that you don't have to worry about that because you're never behind someone! But then what about lapping people? ;)

Get a 1/2 mesh plate they look trick even if you can't tell the difference.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
oz, are you using electrical tape for numbers? :think

lol, mine stick just fine too.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Oz, nice looking ride.
I should elaborate on how I did my plate. I placed the numbers on the top half of the plate, then I took a razor and cut them along the line above the mesh. I then placed the bottom half of the numbers on the mesh itself, aligning them with the top halfs. Works real well that way. I have seen some who just put the whole number on and it leaves a bad gap. I can see where that would be a problem.

lol, I kinda like my poseur plate and vented fender! :)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
bah, new fangled number plates, who needs em anyway?:think
buy a headlight :confused:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...I'm a real poseur, not just posing as one!:)

Yep, its the Cycra.
I don't care what MXA says....the fender sure looks better to me than the stock KTM spear. (lighter too)

Was it a good value? Absolutely not!

ozmxracer

Jul 16, 2001
Okiewan,
You just have to look good when you turn up to the races,because there's only three guys per class that look good on the way home! :p

A bit of posing never hurt anyone, it just boosts your EGO and may help with those bad starts due to the "phsyk" factor of your competitors.

mmmm, I might look into a vented guard, black rims, new plastics, eng work, pipe etc. ( Nah I think I might just keep on practicing)

Top Bottom