LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Well i broke my break lever off again thursday for the 4th time this year and i was looking at getting Hand Guards so they wont break every time i fall. I also want to start trail riding more often and i am thinking i will need hand guards for that too.

Anyway does anyone know were i can get good hand guards for fairly cheap. The only ones i have found with the bar behind them to keep from breaking were the sacra ones but they were 120$ and big. I want smaller guards because i ride a lot of motocross too. I was hoping to find some guards for more around $80-$90.

Also i see most come in 2 sizes, 7/8th inch and 1 1/8the inch and my bike came with aftermarket protaper bars and i am not sure what size they are. I measured from top to bottom in the middle and got around 1 1/8th inches but when i measured right before the grips i got right around 7/8th inch so i am guessing i would need the 7/8? This is also for a 2003 yz250f if that matters.

Nov 25, 2009
i have never used handguards but my friend does and he still broke lever but... since i bought ASV levers i havent broken any levers

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I like the ASV idea, but the Acerbis Rally Pro's are what I use, they have the backer bar and plastic guards for roost/trees/whateveryouslaminto. I've used them for years and still have both levers and all of my fingers.

Top Bottom