Handgaurds to fit Magura bars on 520???

TEAMRAT

Sep 19, 2001
Well finally out of Antarctica and playing with the new toy....

I am looking to get some hand/brush gaurds to fit my new 02 520 EXC, can anybody advise who makes units to fit the Magura bars??

I have seen the Acerbis Rally II's and they would be good but for the bar clamps, any help would be most appreciated.

I have had the bike for 2 weeks now and as it is road legal I fitted a set of old trials tyres on and got some quiet road miles on it.
The standard gearing 15/40 was big enough to go road racing on and allows a good turn of speed even taking it easy.

First off road ride with all road gear stripped off and gearing at 14/48 was a blast, high tussock country tracks with lots of ruts and mud/water holes. The bike is so light, flickable and responsive it was a blast, though the pilot needs to get some time under his belt before he comes any where near getting the best out of it.

I am thinking maybe of getting 52t rear sprocket for mixed forestry and track riding anyone out there have any suggestions as to what the best gearing for general trail riding in hilly forestry and tussock country??

I have sat the 520 beside my 95 620 exc and they are like night and day, I have a set of wider road rims for the 620 so with 17/40 gearing fitted I will leave the 620 in road trim and its now my back roads scratcher, never to see the dirt again, its been a great bike but is just way out of date now.

My only niggle to date on the 520 has been the lack of a front brake guide at the top of the triple clamp, it just rubs on the headlight and will wear a groove before long. Apart from that the rest is cool so far....

Cheers and keep it upright.

OK heres a laugh for you all, I was out scratching the other day on my old bike on a really twisty road beside the harbour here and I got a little carried away and went into a corner that tightens up at the apex and just stuffed up, luckily the tide was half out and I landed on the rocks not the water, only damage was abroken taillight lens, mirror, speedo and some minor scratches try doing that on a road bike.
So remember to look where you want to go, not where you dont want to go.

Conga10

Mar 8, 2001
TeamRat,
My personal favorite are the Acerbis Rally Pro guards. There is a mouonting kit for Answer Pro Tapers that I am pretty sure will work for your bars.

B

biglou

TeamRat-I am running the Cycra Pro-Bends and love them. You can Email Jeff at MXSouth. The EnduroEngineering ones are very similar, just without the "Pro-Bend" dip to the aluminum guard. Either way, you can't go wrong.

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
I had the Acerbis Rally Pro on my 520EXC, but their kit had Pro Taper Bars designed front supports and you need to have front supports designed for the Magura bars. I have found that they had a little different thickness between the makes of bars where the front supports are attached and the Acerbis front supports keep moving around no matter how tight you get them. I went with the Eunduro Engineering kit designed for our bikes (Magura Bars) and they have been great so far. The guys up in Lansing, Michigan are realy KTM buffs. They also own Lansing Cycle which is a KTM dealer. :D :D :D :D

Thomas

Dec 29, 1999
I am using the Original from KTM $65.00
available in orange and black .
373ma.jpg

375ma.jpg

You can order this parts at:
Powerparts Shop

Wish you luck

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom