bigt94550

Jan 29, 2004
I'm looking for aluminum handguards for my Renthal twinwalls. The specs always have 1 1/8 mount for fat bar, pro taper or tag, but they never specifically mention the twinwall. Will the standard 1 1/8 mounts work? I don't want to buy and have it not work.
Thanks,
Troy

twoducs

Dec 28, 2003
No the ones for the fatbar won't fit. They don't make ones for the twinwall. I bought the fatbar ones and reamed them out to fit the twinwall. Tested on a few crashes and the work fine. A inch and eighth drill bit should work also, but don't let them get to hot or they'll warp...

CR Scott

Nov 10, 2005
I found the same thing here. Used a hand grinder to get the right contour then went with the dremel to make sure the square edges didn't burr the bar. I read somewhere that you don't want a sharp edge at the clamp to bar connection because it can fatigue the aluminum (something about the molecular structure is changed at the edge point which weakens the material) and cause the bar to fail. They are holding fine and made it through a rocky hit that ground down a good part of the plastic cover. Cycra plastic cover over bark busters. Also running the fastco bar inserts to keep down the vibration. Good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom