KMG

May 2, 2001
I have a 99 YZ 250 and the pro - grip handle bar grips that are fitted have moved around somewhat and I need to refit them .
The grips have a softer " gel " area that is raised .

When refitting them where does the raised area go on each of the accelerator side and the left side of the bar respectively ? At the top , underneath or facing the front or rear of the bike ?

I'm concerned that if I fit them wrong on say the accelerator side then I may be prone to opening the throttle when trying to hold on etc.

If I have to buy new one's , any suggestions ?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I think it goes on the top on both sides.

tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
if its the progrip soft gel grips like mine, there should be an arrow on the end of each grip that points down, that would be a good starting point then adjust them to your liking.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I have the Pro-Grips with the soft grey part in the middle. I put them alittle above top so when I'm riding half throttle or so, the pad is at the top. These things wear out way to fast anyhow.....

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I ordered a set of Progrips, and they were so loose, especially the clutch side, that no amount of glue or wire would keep them from spinning slowly on the bars while riding. I threw them away after two rides.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Oury road grips, they are soft all the way around with a full waffle design and big cushy gel blocks. I have no complaints with them. They fit great and are comfy :)

Top Bottom