HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I bent my stock handle bars yesterday after high-siding a jump. I was thinking about getting some of the over sized ones, either Pro-taper or Renthal. But my question is do these bars mount into the stock clamps or do you also have to get new clamps? Is there anyway to tell if better handle bars would have survived this crash? I don't mind spending a little extra if it will help. That's only the 2nd time in 10 months I've bent a set of bars but it always leaves me with nothing to ride at the track. I guess another option is to just get a backup set?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
If you go oversize (Pro Taper, Renthal FatBar or Twinwall) you will need new mounts or adapters. You could always go with 7/8" Renthal or the Pro Taper SE's for the stock mounts.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
moto guy said:
I just got a set of Renthal 7/8 handlebars for my cr85re and they fit fine in the stock mounts, and there awesome. :cool:
where awesome?

r0yal

Jul 25, 2006
lol wtf?

but ya, I'd recommend, just getting a set of normal size bars, unless you want to spend the extra $$$ and get the bigger ones

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
My KTM came with Renthal FatBars, and I must say: Those suckers are tough! I'd reccomend that you run oversize bars.

Top Bottom