70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
What kind of bar are you fellows using, my bike is a 03 Husaberg 400 I think a 04 KTM handle bar clamp is the same as mine?
I spoke with a fellow that was parked by me @ TF this weekend (wish I remembered his name), I wined about not being comfortable on my bike, bars too wide and short for me and he suggested that I purchase a set of mini handle bars with a high bend and a set of EE bar risers. Risers I’ve found, I’ll go visit LC. But my search for a bar is a bit confusing, I’d like to buy Magura so my hand guards will fit but they don’t show any mini’s with high bends that I can find. Renthal 1 1/8 fat bar titanium RC mini bend $79.99 looks promising also Pro Taper EVO 1 1/8 Woods Hi magnesium also looks promising? Any and all help would be welcomed!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
will sell you a set of pro taper countour mini highs with 1/4 inch cut off each end for 30 bucks. That way you can try them and not be out much moola.
fthompson1@chartermi.net

ride2live

Oct 26, 2005
Get Fred's handle bars and I have an EE bar riser kit that I'll send you for $30. They were only used for 1 ride. Don't need them any more because I installed a Scotts damper SUB mount that raises the handle bars about 1". I'm 6'-2" and have been running high-bend mini bars on my last three bikes (about 7 years). They are something like 29.5" wide so they go between trees much better. Makes standing much more comfortable too. I don't feel hunched over at all with this set-up.

If you're taller you'll really like the mod.

Also, Rocky Mountian ATV gives handle bar dimensions on their web-site. I run the Renthal mini-high bend bars...

If you're interested in the bar riser kit give me a call 517-432-4020.

Bill

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
70 - nice talking with you at TFest. As I mentioned I use the Renthal Fat Bar Mini Bend and Risers from EE. I choose Renthal only because I can change back to Neken[stock] handle bars and re-use the handguards if needed. If you go with Freddy's offer you will be happy. Doubtful most anyone could tell the difference between Pro-Tapers minis vs Renthals and the price is very attractive. Worst case you will have purchase a new set of clamps to go from bar to guard; but, it is also possible that with a file and a little effort you can make your existing clamps work. I do not have experience taking a Magura clamp and "fitting" it to another brand of handle bar.

Many moons ago, Freddy gave me the skinny on Mini-Hi bars. :cool: It works.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
One stop shopping at mi trail riders, you just have to love it! Ride2live I'll be giving you a call! Salseek nice to finely meet you, thanks for the heads up on making my bike more rider friendly for me! Was your bike a 200 or a 250?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Marlin,

I have some pictures for you from Andi W. Let me know where to send them.
She took a lot of pictures of Trailfest and should have them on the website of Capture Me Photography soon.

Mike

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
marzec at med.umich.edu I lost her at the party before I could give her my adress. if she needs a phone # pm me.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
You've got me thinking about doing the same thing. In fact, I ran out & measured the handlebar width last night and it's 35.5 inches across. Since I've got ProTaper already, would I want to stick with ProTaper EVO mini-riser? A little hand-holding would be nice: Last time I rode, a handlebar was just something to hold onto and a place to hang your jacket, goggles, and helmet.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
No, a 150 is a small block! :yikes:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
.. I just love the part about the 250 being the big sister to the 200 - according the the KTM website. :yikes:

"The 200 XC is the ideal solution for offroad fans looking for the best of both worlds. With the same power and performance as its big sister the 250 XC."

small block. :nener:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I use FLEXX bars. Check them out they are bars with flexible bumpers that you can adjust and are easy on the wrist. I also do not cut my bars, keep in mind that when you chop them down you lose leverage and you may find yourself getting tired from riding the easy stuff that is generally 80% of the HS courses that I ride.

Then again, I am not real fond of super tight woods.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Don Marsh said:
No, a 150 is a small block! :yikes:

I thought Freddy T. was a small block :think:

Here's my two pennies: I run Flexx bars by Fastco. I cut about 1/2 of an inch off the ends. I would not be able to ride for 3 hours without these bars (wrist injury from '05 and the metal that's holding it together still hurts). My bars are just shy of 30 inches wide with the modification. I don't struggle in the tight stuff, and I lose no control with the shorter width.

And like "small block", I'm vertically challenged as well. When I dab a foot my handlebars aren't too far away from the ground. :laugh:

Top Bottom