biker

Sep 22, 2000
I'm replacing my bent stock handlebars on my xr. Any suggestions for handlebars that are a little bit higher. The stock bars seem to be low and make it uncomfortable when tryi ng to stand and ride. I'm looking for cheaper bars and don't really want to spend alot, unless it would make a big difference.

simimi

Dec 20, 2000
You can buy the CR High bend, or if you want them really higher pick up a set of pro tapers or other fat bars and the adaptors for them. You will get over an inch of raise and bars that will not bend.

I have a set of CR high O'neal double walls I will sell if you are interested. You would need to buy the adaptors.

mike

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I've not even looked at the set-up. Do I just need to buy adaptors for the larger bars. How much would they cost?

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
Bars

I added a set of DeMarini twin wall bars, with a CR high bend, to my bike and really prefer the feel when I ride. If you are looking for an inexpensive bar you may consider a pair of Renthals or something similar (aluminum) with a CR high bend. They won't require any adaptors and should work fine for the least amount of money.:D

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
Jimmy Button bend Renthals work well. I went to Thumper bar risers and a CR Low bar. Kinda looks like a Longhorn now but it sure feels a lot more comfortable

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
The XR4 "cockpit" seems designed for the average sized rider; sitting down. The cheapest (but not real desireable) "patch" solution I've tried is Renthal CR High bars, pivoted a little forward to raise and move the bars up.

I've seen some pretty good prices for triple clamps that move the bar forward considerably and accept fat bars, but it's still costly.

One other lower cost option for moving bars forward is off-set bar mounts hooked up to your stock triple clamp. This with a set of Renthals might be the best-buy approach. I just talked to a guy who's selling a used set. Check out the link below and contact him if you're interested.

http://www.justxr.com/info/xr4report4.html

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
I third the CR High Renthals with them rolled forward, if you ride standing. Also look into some wider pegs as the stockers are a bit narrow.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I ended up ordering a set of Oneal Pro Lock Bars-CR high bend. They're aluminum, look similar to the Renthals, and are about $30 cheaper. I hope I like them better than stock.

Top Bottom