Handlebars

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
Just curious what you all are running for handlebars? I've still got the crap stock steel ones and would like to replace with alloy.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
I put the Renthal 7/8 KX Bend bars on mine. I find them comfortable. They are tough and a whole lot lighter than stock. I've hit, fallen and they have held up great

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Renthal Aluminum 7/8 bars. Not sure what bend, they have yet to get tweaked by me and my frequent gravity tests.

-Maurice

bpositive

Jul 11, 2005
renthal fat bars there tough and i take abuse ... remember to check your mounts on your bike i just bought some tapers last night but my mounts are for the fat bars so, now i get to order the stock mounts for my bike yea!!!

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
What kind of riding do you like to do? woods, desert, etc. and how tall are you. How do you prefer to ride--sitting or standing and how agressive are you? A little more info will help us give you better answers for handlebars are personal! Cheers John

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Pro Taper SE's (7/8" bar with the crossbar) - they are nice and strong and have held up excellent :cool:

May 26, 2005
Renthal 7/8ths Cr Hi bend. I like old school Bars LOL

Next set will be Pro Taper 7/8ths though as they have a nice wide range of sizes and you can't beat the price. I think they retail for 69.95. Saw then at the local yamaha dealer the other day.

kanrandy

Apr 26, 2003
:laugh: Tusk aluminum bars from Rocky Mountain- CR Hi- 29.99- figure I could go through a couple of sets for the price of name brands- been happy the past 2 years.

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
Thanks guys I wondered about the Tusk and also MSR has alloy for $39.00. Not sure what bend to order. The stock bars work pretty well for my height 5' 6"....OK so now your all wondering how I even ride it right......Hey green hornet, I see your from Orange county NY....do you know Paul sr and jr....sorry couldn't resist.

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
I have the MSR "Dominator" and don't like them very well. I'm 5' 6", too, but it's not the bend- it's the flex. They're real flexy bars and it wasn't until I put Tusk barkbusters that the bars stiffened up to where they're okay. I wouldn't get them again.

The Tusk Barkbusters, OTOH, are good.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Sounds like you ride eastern woods. Could be a little hi for you, but I am not much taller and ride the MSR dominator mini. very inexpensive, Have lasted very well, do not have to be cut down and help you stand while riding! Cheers John

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
I just bought some alloy kx bend MSR bars, there real low, I'm 6' 4'', so most bars are low anyways. Is there any way you could rig some snowmobile risers on?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…