Tnavarro

Aug 16, 2005
Hi i want to buy a new handlebar for my YZ125, the thing is i like the tag metals T2 but the guy in the shop says that the pro tapers are better, is this true?

Also if i apply the upper clamp will i notice some changes, or its better to wait and apply the triple clamp kit?

Thanks,
Tiago

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
In my experence 1 1/18" bars like pro-tapers are far stronger than 7/8" bars. I don't know alot about the Tag bars, but from what I hear they are quite good. I can vouch that the pro-tapers are excelent, I use them on all my bikes (well the dirt ones anyway). For oversize bars you'll need adapters or a new top tripple clamp. There is no performance advantage to an aftermarket lower clamp for your bike. In fact most aftermarket clamps are actually heavier than stock. The only time aftermarket lower clamps provide a performance improvement is if you need to change the offset for more or less trail (as is popular on KTM's and some CRF's), in which case you can get an aftermarket clamp set in various offsets.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I have the Tag T2 bars on my CR and I really like them. I also had the adaptors, which raise the bars about 20mm. That wasn't a problem for me. I can definitely say they are strong. I have been running them for over 2 years and have fallen a thousand times with zero bending whatsoever. I would recommend them to anyone. I had Pro Tapers on my old RM and notice no difference in quality compared to the Tag Metals. Go for it!

Top Bottom