motrhedx81

Oct 20, 2003
I just bought my '97 kdx 200 back in September and already gave it enough he!! to wreck it and bend my handlebars. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a real good set of aftermarket handlebars? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks,
adam

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
I put a regular set of rentals on my bike, 7/8" diam....they fit w/ stock clamps. Being they're made of alum. they tend to flex and not bend in a crash, and they've held up for 2 1/2yrs w/out bending. There are a lot of different bars out there, and some "fat" bars that require larger clamps. Good luck with it.

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
I run the Tag X5's as well - CR high bend. They are good bars. You can get them from just about anybody. Try Rocky Mountain, Dennis Kirk, Bob's Cycle Supply, etc. Does your bike have a single top bar clamp on it yet? If you're running the stock bar mounts, you may have just twisted the bars in the clamps and not actually bent the bars. If you are going with new bars and haven't gone to a single top mount yet, you might want to consider it. They really help keep the bars from twisting during a crash. FRP has a good one for $30. They call it an upper handle bar clamp. Click here to see it. Hope that helps.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom