dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Thanks for the links.

I did not realize RC was racing this round. FWIW, he was 2nd fastest in Saturday practice, slightly behind JBS.

I would like to see Metcalfe do well in the Lites.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Wait til you see the photo of RV wiping off Jlaws goggles with his front tire. :yikes:

This is gonna be a good season. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Ol'89r said:
Wait til you see the photo of RV wiping off Jlaws goggles with his front tire. :yikes:

This is gonna be a good season. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:
You mean this one (stolen from WisMX.com and probable before that RacerXill)
photo is by Steve Giberson of VitalMX

Attachments

• 752326-podeeum.jpg
    752326-podeeum.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
oldguy said:
You mean this one QUOTE]

Yep. That's the one.

Now, that there is what ya' call a real block pass. :yikes:

Not that Jlaw didn't have it coming. ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
NICE JOB OLD GUY!!!And Steve Giberson of VitalMX. Who is betting MA finishes top 10?RR sounds like he is hammering,long overdue!RC and JS,sweet!Links are staying up!If I can buy real time footage of fim events,what the heck?Hangtown is harder to get a signal out of than yugoslavia!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
AMA Racing news

AMA Racing announced today that Jason Lawrence and Ryan Villopoto have been penalized at the Honda Hangtown Motocross Classic from Sacramento, Calif., the opening round of the 2007 AMA Toyota Motocross Championship presented by FMF.

According to AMA Racing SX/MX Director Steve Whitelock, for actions detrimental to the sport, Lawrence has been fined $7,500 and placed on probation for one year beginning May 18, 2007. Additionally, as part of the penalty, Lawrence loses his earned gate pick for both motos of Sunday’s Motocross Lites event and will now pick 40th out of the 40-rider field.

Villopoto has been fined $2,500.

The penalties stem from a series of instances that occurred during Saturday’s two practice sessions which culminated in a scuffle between the two riders late in session two.

According to Whitelock the severity of the penalties is relative to each riders’ actions. “Jason Lawrence and Ryan Villopoto both share in the blame for what happened today,” said Whitelock. “However, the penalty is harsher for Lawrence because he was the instigator and has demonstrated a pattern of questionable behavior.” Whitelock confirmed that Lawrence had received a verbal warning regarding his actions after the first practice session.

The final decision on the penalties was reached Saturday evening after meeting with both riders and their teams, reviewing photos and considering the reports of AMA race officials.And then:
Jason Lawrence Apologizes

Yamaha of Troy's Jason Lawrence

May 20, 2007

Jim Kimball

Along with his fine yesterday, Yamaha of Troy’s Jason Lawrence is now on a year’s probation effective May 19, 2007. What this means is that if he screws up again, it could affect this year’s AMA Motocross Championship, next year’s AMA Supercross Championship, and even next year’s AMA Motocross Championship (the Hangtown round). Given the opportunity to speak at the Riders Meeting, Jason Lawrence would say “as you guys know me and Ryan did have some problems yesterday; something just got out of hand. I didn’t want it to end that way; it was really unprofessional. So I just want to apologize to you guys that it happened – especially to Mitch Payton and the Pro Circuit Team. I also want to thank Jim Perry (Team Yamaha Motocross Team Manager) and Chris McAvoy (Yamaha of Troy Team Manager) for helping me to get through this – sorry.” Conveniently stolen from ama site.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Wwf

Top Bottom