Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I'm planning on going up to Sacramento on Sunday to check out the races at Hangtown. I've already been to hangtown.com, so I've got a map and timing info. Since this is the first National I've ever been to, I'm wondering if anyone has any other tips that would make the day more enjoyable? Any good places on the track that have good views of the riders? I'm planning on bringing my camera and a million rolls of film and I'd like to get some good shots. I'm also getting a pit pass and hoping to see some top pros. Any info would be appreciated.

Drt Digger

Feb 11, 2001
HAngtown

Sunscreen! Water! Even though it wont be too hot. Your best bet for pictures is to hike around so shoes accordingly.

Get there early! You can usually get the closest and best pictures whil they are practicing.

See ya

Dave member DDNMC:p

S

Saratoga

Sacto can get uncomfortably hot! The food /drink lines can get long and are ridiculously expensive. Avoid them and bring your own.

Wear hiking boots not tennis shoes. The dry grass gets slippery and some parts are steep. As far as views, walk the track instead of camping out. This way you can get close instead of trying to see the whole track from the distance. With that in mind, pack light and be mobile.

Finally, get in the pits early- before practice. Once the racing starts they close them off. Oh yeah, ride your street bikes in.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll bring a backpack with plenty of water and snacks. I was hoping the heat wouldn't be a problem, but it looks like it will be in the 90's. Hopefully the heat won't be so bad that it cuts my day short.

hondaman22

Apr 30, 2001
Will get hot!

bring plenty of water, sunscreen, chair, Big umbrella(104 degrees last year), get there early, camera for pictures of bikes & Girls :p , food, plenty of spending money if you like to buy goodies(t-shirts around 25$), hang out and have a good time. Go stand by the drop off jump(unbelieveable) for a little while.
:cool:

426 Pilot

Apr 27, 2000
My list of things for Hangtown: Cooler full of Beer, water, and snacks. EZ-UP for plenty shade (gotta get there early so I don't piss people off by putting it up in front of them), binoculars are a must, bring a radio or walkman to listen to moto-radio for commentary on the race (the sound system sucks), Beer, sunscreen, hat that provides plety of shade for the face, backpack for taking beers while you are checking out different areas of the track, and a designated driver. That about sums it up.... oh, did I mention plenty of cold beers?.......... If you don't like beer there is a great family section where they don't even allow swearing;)

later

Top Bottom